The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 28, 2007, 10:02 PM   #26
Night Watch
Registration in progress

Ahh ... it ain't, 'jiggling' that you have to worry about - It's static electricity!

I don't like the ammo can idea, either.
Old August 28, 2007, 10:07 PM   #27
W.E.G.

I keep my primers in a pill bottle, and my bullets in a Big Gulp cup. Any extra powder goes in a Red Man pouch. I like to stick a big scoop of 4895 between my cheek and gum before I leave the trailer. I do my drive-by down by the Hatfield spread, and catch the spent brass on the fly with my teeth. I swallow the empties to conceal the evidence. Then its time to take swig of bullets from the Big Gulp, washed down with a handful of primers. By the time I get back to the trailer, I'm crappin' some of the finest reloads this side of the Mason-Dixon line. If I eat my wife's Jello-Marshmallow pie before the episode, I can out-pace my cousin's Dillon press.
Old August 28, 2007, 10:20 PM   #28
Night Watch
Registration in progress

Wow! I don't think I'd want to be standing next to you when you, 'break wind'.

(I was going to ask what, 'kind' of reloads you're turning out; but, then, I decided not to be crude!)
Old August 28, 2007, 10:55 PM   #29
W.E.G.

I sure was glad when they came out with them "Lever-Evolution" bullets. Before that, I used to have to drive back to the trailer real careful so that all the shakin' while I was goin' over the washboard out on the gravel main road didn't set off a chain reaction in the discharge chute. That'll ruin the upholstery in your truck. Upsets the dogs back there in the bed too.
Old August 29, 2007, 08:47 AM   #30
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK, WEG, that's just wrong.

Funny as hell, but wrong.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old August 29, 2007, 08:04 PM   #31
W.E.G.

"...its all wrong!"