The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 19, 2011, 07:40 PM   #1
CalBear209

Question about my new Rossi Combo Rifle...

I just got a new .22 / 20 ga Combo gun made by Rossi. It is the YOUTH combo, I got it for free from my grandpa who 'accidently' bid on it at the Ducks Unlimited dinner, lol.

If you dont know what it is it is a Single Shot (break barrel) for a .22LR or a 20ga. The barrels pop in & out tho, Look it up

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=2

I want to know if I can buy other barrels and use them too....
They look the same on a few of the combos.

Mine is the .22 & 20ga, but they have .410, 243 WIN, 50 CAL, 12 GA, & 44 MAG

I would LOVE having the 12GA or 44, but can I do that...?
Also where can I buy them?

I am excited about the 20ga cuz I dont have one, but having others would be cool. I hear good things, but has anyone here used one?

Im in CA so I dont even have the gun yet... Im doing the 10 day wait right now, 8 days left..

Thanks to anyone who helps... this is my first post!
I love the site tho! I also plan to post lots more in the future!
Old January 19, 2011, 10:04 PM   #2
ndking1126

Welcome to the forum!

I'll take a crack at this nut since no one else has yet.. I don't know anything about these guns, but just from looking at the pictures on their website I would be surprised if it wouldn't work.

Considering how easy it was to find "contact us" and even a phone number on their website (ie, the top right of every page), I would give them a call and ask directly, it appears they take customer service pretty seriously. If it can be switched, they can probably give you the part numbers to buy for each individual barrel you want since all I can find on their website is model numbers for entire sets or pairs.
Old January 20, 2011, 09:51 PM   #3
CalBear209

Well thank you for the reply.
I found threads from people on Other sites asking similar questions.
From what I have read it seems like it is possible but they are not made to do that. They are matched to allow the combo only to work together, but people have switched them out with some 'changes' to their guns. I wish I knew how to do that tho. But I bet customer service can't tell me how to do that lol. So if nobody has done it I am prob out of luck. Plus I can't find the barrels only anywhere online.
But if anybody has ideas I am down to try, if I could make it a 44 I would prob be down to leave it like that for good.
Thank you again!

Tags
gun , question , rifle , rossi , shotgun