The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 23, 1999, 03:08 PM   #1
Mike Spight

Have been ordering pistol and rifle ammo from Georgia Arms. They and Natchez seem to have the best prices going.

Unless I've missed something, neither of them offer shotgun shells for sale. Anybody know of a website I can go to and check prices then order via toll free number for shipment to my home? Looking for 2.5 in, 12ga #1 buck, copper plated, standard velocity. Will be used in my Benelli Super 90 M1.

Thanks...
Mike
Old October 24, 1999, 12:23 AM   #2
oberkommando

Ammoman.com sells shotshells but only in 00 or 000 I think they offer free shipping and same prices that gunshows sell for, I haven't ordered from them yet but will in the future, most loads are Fed Tactical both buck and slug.

------------------
The beauty of the second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it. T JEFFERSON
Old October 24, 1999, 09:42 AM   #3
Mike Spight

obk:

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

Mike
Old October 24, 1999, 10:03 PM   #4
dZ

i bought 100 rounds of federal tactical 00 from Eric the Ammoman at a gunshow on saturday 29 bucks NICE GUY, GREAT BUSINESS

i bought 100 rounds of federal upland game & target at Walmart 2day for 15 bucks...

Funny thing, Walmart didn't stock any "Tactical" rounds...

dZ
Old October 24, 1999, 11:10 PM   #5
Mike Spight

dz:

Thanks to you as well...I checked ammoman's website and added it to my favorites list!

Prices for his shotgun shells seem reasonable and he can special order if needed.

Mike
Old October 25, 1999, 02:20 PM   #6
DOCSpanky

WALLY WORLD won't sell "TACTICAL" loads, but personally I see no need, they seem to be just as loud and if they have less recoil it is almost inperceivable. Besides, the promo birdshot rounds offer just as much close range oomph as there 00 and 000 cousins, with far less chance of an inadvertant wall penetration.

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"
Old October 27, 1999, 09:20 PM   #7
Rob62

Wal-Marts around where I am are selling cases (250 rounds)of Remington 12 ga, 7/8oz loads of bird shot for $29.95. BTW- a "value pack" of 15 Winchester slugs is going for $5.97.

Was told that they had a sale a week or so ago and the individual boxes of bird shot were $2.50ea. Overall I'd say that these are great prices on shotgun shells.

Rob

------------------
It's amazing what a large group of stupid people can accomplish.
-----------------

[This message has been edited by Rob62 (edited October 27, 1999).]
Old October 28, 1999, 03:45 PM   #8
CMOS

Mike, Cabela's has some really nice S&B 12Ga #4 buck for sale (27 pellets). It's $60 for a case of 200 rounds and they include a used ammo can.

I did some patterning with the S&B and it is by far the fastest opening buck that I have shot out of my M1 SuperDuper 90. It's a good defensive round for that Benelli.

Good Shooting.

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, NRA, LEAA and vote.
Old November 3, 1999, 02:15 PM   #9
Mike Spight

CMOS:

Thank's for the head's up...I've been buying clothing, etc from Cabela's for a number of years...never thought to check them out on ammo. The S&B sounds good....not #1 Buck, but maybe about as close as I'm gonna get for good (read that cheap) practice ammo.

Mike