The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 19, 2010, 11:02 PM   #1
sks

Could not resist temptation

Finally went in today and bought a used Stoeger M2000 in black synthetic for $270.00! After eyeing this for about a week the price was just too attractive for me to pass up. And I just sold my flatbed trailer so I had the cash on hand.

The gun shows one scracth on the barrel but that is the only mark on it that I can find. It is missing the plug but that is no big deal at this point. The gun was pretty dirty on the inside but a good cleaning today made it shine up real nice.

It has five choke tubes including the extra long, full, turkey choke. The chokes fit perfectly into my Super Nova, which only came with three. The chokes were really gummed up and messy but a generous dose of gun scrubber and a brass brush fixed that right up.

My plan is to take it to the skeet range tomorrow afternoon and make sure it shoots when I pull the trigger.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.
Old March 19, 2010, 11:33 PM   #2
the rifleer

well congrats on the new gun. I always love it when i find deals like that, which isn't too often. as long as it cleans up well and shoots well i think you lucked out and did great.
Old March 21, 2010, 03:18 PM   #3
sks

Thanks Rifleer. Didn't get to go to the range yesterday or today but I'll try my best to head out sometime this week. We leave Friday for South Africa and Zimbabwe and will be out of the country for two weeks. Would sure love to try it before then.

I think the shotgun bug has hit me. In the past two months I've bought my wife a Montefeltro 20 and myself a Super Nova 12 plus the M2000. Oh well. Guess I can slow down at least until the fall.
Old March 23, 2010, 02:41 PM   #4
ebutler462

Keep us informed. The M2000 has been good to me. I bought my third one last year. My sons take them away from me and use them for themselves.

I have to buy a new one almost every year. The boys love them. I shot a few boxes of 7/8 oz loads last week. Not a problem.
Old April 10, 2010, 07:09 AM   #5
sks

Sorry it took me so long to get these posted. Just got back from a two week trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe. Will post a few more pics as well in another post.

If anyone knows how to put these directly into the post you can pm that to me. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3578.JPG (12.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3575.JPG (46.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3577.JPG (61.0 KB, 11 views)
Old April 10, 2010, 07:14 AM   #6
sks

As you can see there is the one scratch on the end of the barrel but that is the only one. Overall the gun is in very nice shape. Hope to take it out this afternoon for the first time and will let you know how it goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3580.JPG (45.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3581.JPG (59.0 KB, 15 views)
Old April 10, 2010, 07:17 AM   #7
sks

South African purchase

Well while we were in South Africa I saw a Cape Buffalo hide gun case and again could not resist temptation. I love the look, feel and durability of the Cape Buffalo hide. This one set me back $165.00 but I haven't seen one at Cabela's lately. I've already checked to make sure and yes, the Rem 700. Savage 110 and Benelli Super Nova all fit!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3584.JPG (38.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3585.JPG (77.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3586.JPG (62.9 KB, 15 views)