The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 18, 2005, 07:49 PM   #1
auberg

small gun safe

I know I read about this somewhere I just don't remember if it was here or not, but Harbor Freight Tools is running a small digital safe on sale for around $36. I went in to buy it at $52 but it only rang up for 36. Its a pretty good size I put about 10 boxes of ammo, a couple of pistols and about a dozen American Eagle silver dollars in it and I still have room to spare.
Old April 24, 2005, 11:43 AM   #2
Bomanone

I have had one of these $36 safes for about 2 yrs. and have been very happy with it. Not fire proof but totally secure otherwise. I have mine bolted on top of another safe for extra storage. Electronic fingerpad and key lock for battery outage. For the price it cannot be beat!
Old May 30, 2005, 03:19 PM   #3
Tom2

Compare to this?

How does it compare to those brown steel keylock gunsafes like you get at Walmart? For the price I would get one, if it was substantially better than the "breadbox" pistol locker.
Old May 30, 2005, 03:42 PM   #4
auberg

Honestly, I've never paid any attention to the safes at Walmart. I really like this little safe. I can tell you that I was in Harbor Freight a couple of days ago, and they have their larger floor safe on sale for about 80 dollars right now. Its not big enough for any rifle, but you could get a load of pistols and ammo in it.