The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 17, 1999, 05:04 PM   #1
MGB

I am looking for recommendations on an IWB holster for a P7M8. I have looked at models on the following manufacturer's websites: Kramer, Mitch Rosen, FIST, Blade-Tech, Mad Dog, Alessi. How about a little help from those of you who own and carry a P7M8? Thanks in advance.
Old November 17, 1999, 07:13 PM   #2
tobeat1

try wild bill's cutstom leather.

------------------
"peace, love, joy, and happiness..."

Old December 26, 1999, 12:17 AM   #3
Blue Jays

Hi MGB-

My ROBAR-modified HK P7M10 is carried in a Sam Andrews Custom Leather IWB holster that is perfect. I'd give you his telephone number, but I'm in the middle of a move and it is all packed-away!

Information will have his number in Alachua, Florida. It is an absolute pleasure to conduct business with this craftsman. His catalog will show you many, many ways in which to carry pistols or revolvers.

Be prepared to wait a month or two for your order, while you're at it, you should order one of his belts. They are so nice (especially the double-thick w/fancy stitch), that I've taken to giving them as gifts to pro-gun people in my family.

~ Blue Jays ~
Old December 26, 1999, 12:21 PM   #4
SAWBONES

Two choices;
Lou Alessi
Ken Null
I've had dozens (literally) of holsters for the P7M8, including some recommended above, and the ONLY ones which are top notch in design and construction are made by the above makers.

------------------
"Potius sero quam nunquam."

Old December 26, 1999, 02:24 PM   #5
artech

The two best IWB holsters I have tried for my P7 are the EX rough side out from Milt Sparks, and the specially made one from Mitch Rosen for the P7 series pistols. Either will fit the bill and is comfortable and secure. Hope this helps.

------------------
With my shield or on it...
Old December 30, 1999, 04:09 AM   #6
nyeti

I just had Skunkworks do a high ride kydex holster for my P7 that is superb. I am sure he could do a good inside the waistband for you. I own a lot of holsters, Skunkworks is the best kydex I have found.
Old December 30, 1999, 10:49 PM   #7
ATM

I carry in a Rosen ARG. For the M8 or PSP the ARG+ is overkill, with the extra beltloop for stability. Extremely comfortable, attachment is flexible enough up and down so that sitting down does not poke me. With the fitted belt the hoslter does not slide around, so it is always where I think it is. Best rig going for any gun, but especially the flat relatively heavy P7. The ARG hauls the butt in close and provides a solid foundation for carry and draw. Wearing this rig all day, day in and day out is no problem and the leather holds up very well.

------------------
Freedom is not Free