The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 19, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Ruthless4christ

Guns across America report.

I just got back from Albany and the Second Amendment rally was a huge success. I’m guessing there were around 3 thousand people there. Far more than I expected although we got literally zero news coverage. One local TV station YNN covered the story briefly but that was bout it. Several reps from the state senate were there and overall the vibe was very good and orderly, there were no disturbances that I saw.
How was the turnout at other locations?
Old January 19, 2013, 09:41 PM   #2
stu925

I was unable to attend the rally but looks like you didn't get zero coverage. The NY Times has an article on their blog page. http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...t-gun-control/

Glad you guys were there, thank you.

Stu
Old January 19, 2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Jo6pak

Thanks to all who went out in support.
Sadly, I didn't get the new water pumpn the Jeep until this afternoon so I couldn't get to Madison. So I sent another round of Emails to all my reps.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:40 PM   #4
win-lose

Took the family to Boston's rally. Looked to be about 1,000 - 1,500 people. Very orderly, everyone was very appropriate. There were no issues that I saw. Organizers reminded everyone to make sure we left the place cleaner than we found it. I haven't seen any media coverage of it yet
Old January 19, 2013, 10:42 PM   #5
a7mmnut

Good job! The Raleigh rally has been rescheduled:

http://www.grnc.org/grnc-alerts-arch...plan-to-attend

-7-
Old January 19, 2013, 10:44 PM   #6
loltraktor1918

I went here in Ohio. I am guessing around anywhere from 1k-2k IMO. Not a bad showing but I would like to have seen more folks attending.
Old January 20, 2013, 12:36 AM   #7
natjohnb

At least 1000 here in Michigan
Old January 20, 2013, 12:38 AM   #8
BarryLee

I could not attend the one in Atlanta, but on the news it did not appear to be very well attended, but maybe someone else has some firsthand knowledge.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old January 20, 2013, 03:39 AM   #9
mj246

I'll be very curious to see if there is any coverage in the local paper later today of Nevada's turnout. Unfortunately I could not attend because Saturdays don't work well for me and Carson City is quite a long drive. If there are other future rallies planned on days I might be able to make the trip down for I'd very much like to go. But in the mean time, I hope that others in the state that are either closer and/or have a more flexible schedule showed up to support our cause. It would be extremely great if there is some news coverage of it, but so far I haven't seen any from here. There was a piece on the general idea of the rallies on Yahoo news, but it wasn't a very long or detailed article
Old January 20, 2013, 04:04 AM   #10
Magnum Mike

According to the media, it was 100s nation wide. Dozens at MN State Capital.
I was there and it was more than a 1000. Showed very few signs and did not show the good factual ones.