The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 27, 2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Atomic

Where can I shoot?

I live in southern Mississippi so you'd think I'd have plenty of places to shoot my pistol but no. Everyone has their own land but I'm a renter. Since most people have family land that they hunt and shoot on I'm stuck with nothing.

I've heard there is a range that is close to the local refuse place but that it'd only be open during times that the trucks were coming in and out. I've also looked on the NRA site and found two ranges that are in my "area." One is about an hour drive from here which seems a little excessive to travel that distance to shoot. I'd love to visit and maybe join for the PSA competitions because it seems like it'd be so fun. The other one is 30 minutes away but I drove out to it and never saw a sign or sight of it. I'm going to dig deeper on this one and check out the one at the local dump.

What is the rules on target practice at a game reserve? It is public hunting and you can use the caliber handgun I have to hunt but would I be disturbing wildlife firing off 150 rounds of .45acp?
Old January 27, 2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a list of ranges in the state, you'll know where they are better than I....

http://www.traderscreek.com/gun_clubs/mississippi.asp