The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 20, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
LAKE713

Nylon 77 Mags in a Remington Mohawk 10C

Hi, I've inherited a Remington Mohawk 10C from my grandfather but it has no magazines. I recently went to a gun show and bought two Nylon 77 mags (labeled as being able to fit both). I've read that they aren't the same and it's true: either something is wrong with my Mohawk's mag well or the magazines are not a direct fit and need to be adjusted.

I've read that they can be shaved down/JB Welded and that's not something I'm prepped to do. However, I have also been told that an adjustment can be made to a part inside the mag well to make the mags fit.

Does anyone know how to make the mags fit the rifle?
Old March 21, 2012, 07:24 AM   #2
CowTowner

I can't help you get those magazines to fit, but the correct magazines are available from Numrich. At least they fit according to the website.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...80B&catid=4353
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old March 21, 2012, 08:31 AM   #3
LAKE713

Yeah, I've bought those from them before; they aren't the exact ones. They can be made to work but it takes some tinkering that I don't know how to do and am hoping someone else does.

Tags
22lr , magazines , mohawk 10c , nylon 77 , semi-auto