The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 16, 2007, 01:48 PM   #101
hoghunting

Thanks, George.

I just received my bottle and can't wait for a trip to the range. I wasn't impressed with Break-Free as I had it gum up a weapon and stopped using it. I'll post my results after the range session. Thanks again.
Old July 16, 2007, 03:01 PM   #102
nobius

AAR

Used the WeaponShield to clean a Glock 27 and a Ruger 10/22.

Went to the range and put 50 rounds through the Glock and 120 through the 10/22.

Returned home and started cleaning.

1. NO GUNK. This is amazing to me. Every product I have used before I have had a cleaning product + carbon deposit gunk in the bolt area of the 10/22. Not this time.

2. Bolt condition was excellent. There was not nearly as much build up of carbon deposit on the bolt as has been in the past.

3. Glock performed with no failure to cycle or feed. I know it was only 50 rounds, but this is still a very good sign.

I am going to be ordering more of this and using it from now on.

"I aim to misbehave" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Old July 16, 2007, 05:53 PM   #103
gcfennell

Rock On...

Thanks Nobias and everyone!

Weapon Shield CLP speaks for itself (with a little bragging from me and others)

Best regards,
George
http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old July 16, 2007, 07:19 PM   #104
JBP55

I tried to send e-mail but it would not work.
Please send me a sample of your new product. I will post results after firing 500 rounds.

Last edited by JBP55; July 17, 2007 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Failed e-mail.
Old July 16, 2007, 08:14 PM   #105
tazmss

Email sent! Will post findings after receipt and test....
Old July 16, 2007, 09:50 PM   #106
ConcealCarryNY

Received the bottle today. I will strip and clean my various weapons and relube with your product. Looking to shoot at least 100 each of 9mm and .45 then run 500 or so .22lr thru the P22 and try it out on my pump gun and sxs. I will post my opinions when I get a chance
Old July 16, 2007, 09:58 PM   #107
rgates

George,

Recieved mine today. Thanks. Will treat a few of my guns one night this week and try them out. Probably will be the weekend though. From the positive responses I see here already, I can't wait to try it.
Old July 16, 2007, 10:30 PM   #108
Dead-Nuts-Zero

Email Sent ... Best of Luck and many thanks.
Old July 17, 2007, 12:39 AM   #109
even11

Got it today, Many thanks George!!

-Dane
Old July 17, 2007, 02:59 PM   #110
gcfennell

Weapon Shield on Amazon.com

Also, for those wanting to order it online, not only is it available on our site, but at Amazon,com. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Shield-W...4700966&sr=8-2

Best regards,
George
Old July 17, 2007, 05:38 PM   #111
Clayton

George, I received my order today and I have to tell you you have the best labeling of any gun product out there, bar none. Very informative and well written.

I also noticed that Weapon Shield meets MIL-L-63460D. For those that don't know, this is the milspec for CLP, and is not easy to meet.

I tried to order some LithiShield today to test but noticed that it cannot be ordered from the website yet. I assume I can place an order by phone?

My garage smells like cinnamon again...

Clay
Old July 17, 2007, 07:47 PM   #112
gcfennell

Ordering Lithi-Shield

Thank you once again Clay, and yes, just give us a call on our toll free # ( 800-390-1535) and we can hook you right up with the Lithi-Shield Grease. As soon as we can get to it, we'll be updating the website to reflect all product prices and ordering info. AND...kudos on the "Cinni-scented" garage again
By the way guys...all those wives and girlfriends wont mind at all when you clean your guns in the house with Weapon Shield...heck, they might just go out and get a few cinnimon rolls for ya

Best regards,
George
Old July 17, 2007, 09:25 PM   #113
Napahunter

Thanks George, I received mine in the mail. Very nice looking graphics. I will be using on a 10/22 i haven't cleaned in 500+ rounds. As i have read it looks like it will work like a charm. Thanks again
Old July 18, 2007, 08:32 AM   #114
Mach II Sailor

George,
what the hell can i say that has not already been said, this stuff is great, i lubed all my folding knives, all my ARs and nearly every thing that has moving parts, i even dabbed some on my Grandmothers mantle clock gears..., hummmmmm, i wonder if a few quarts in my old Ford Bronco would give'er new life ??
Old July 18, 2007, 08:46 AM   #115
Clayton

Try Engine Shield.

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/engine.htm
Old July 18, 2007, 11:40 AM   #116
gcfennell

ES-8

....what Clay said

best regards,
George
Old July 18, 2007, 12:41 PM   #117
garrettwc

Well this is what happens when you don't stay in touch.

I had no idea all this stuff went on George. Glad to see you're still in the game.

I was one of the early adopters when George did the first free trial offer for FP-10 (man has it really been 5 years). I met up with him later that year at the TFL/THR gathering during the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. My online impressions were confirmed when I met him in person. He's a gun guy, not just an oil salesman, and he has a genuine desire to come up with the best product possible. Before I left, he set me up with a "cleaning kit" that included a couple of the larger bottles of lube, some needle/syringe oilers, and IIRC a cleaning brush. I followed George's directions on application ( a little goes a long way) and believe it or not I still have about 1/3 or a bottle left 5 yrs later. It still works fine (long shelf life) and years of daily carry in the hot humid midwest with only a few drops of George's original formula on my 1911 I have had zero rust, and zero failures related to lube.

If Weapon Sheild can improve on that performance, it will be very impressive to say the least. If you're hesitating, don't. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck with the new venture George. I'll be ordering some. If I ever run out of the first batch
Old July 18, 2007, 01:06 PM   #118
Barber2678

Email sent!

I am looking forward to receiving the free trial. Thanks George!

Barber2678
Old July 18, 2007, 03:03 PM   #119
N.M. Edmands

Hi George and thank you. I received my sample of Weapon Shield this morning, and will report back when I have tried it. As fortune would have it, life has gotten in the way of more "important" things and it will be a bit.
Till then. thank you.
Nat

"Some where something incredible is waiting to be known" -Carl Sagan
"It aint how good you shoot,it's how cool you look doing it." -Fred Sayre 1994
Old July 18, 2007, 08:11 PM   #120
itman

Received the bottle yesterday. I think it only took 3 days I will try it out and tell what I think.
Old July 18, 2007, 08:17 PM   #121
warwagon

I received my sample a few days ago(thanks George!), and tried it first on some older folding knives that I have. It immediately smoothed the actions as I fully expected.

Then it was on to a revolver that had been cleaned, and put away for so long that when I lit up the bore, a spider crawled out, and saluted! A clean patch with the Weapon Shield revealed even more residue that the other product had missed. The product realy does the clean, and lube functions as promised.

The interesting part for me was when I picked up my MOD Hornet auto two days later.The knife has metal scales, and I carry it most of the time, but had left it home, replaced by a CQC7 for a day when I knew heavy cutting would be involved. The Hornet felt different to me, smoother, almost silky compared to before Weapon Shield.

I am not a chemist, nor metallurgist, but it seems as if the product has somehow bonded to the metal scales and given it a new finish to the touch. There are no signs that it was ever there to the eye, IE: no residue, or wet smudgy smears, just a smoother feel.

If my perception is correct, and this effect lasts, I can see how this could have a very favorable effect on any moving parts a firearm could have, slide rails,bolts, even bores, as projectile speed might increase.

So far I am impressed with this product(and yes it stays put, and a little goes a long way!), and will test it further this weekend when a friend brings over his .22 rifle which I don't think has been cleaned since the 70s.
Old July 18, 2007, 08:24 PM   #122
yomama

Email sent. Looking forward to trying this.

One question: What is the temperature tollerance? Always wonder this. Thanks.

By the way, as I said in the email, your crazy. I love it though, and look forward to testing. Thanks.
Old July 19, 2007, 12:28 AM   #123
rgates

I'm impressed !

I was really looking forward to using Weapon Shield on my Bulgarian Makarov thinking this would be good test. Stripped it down tonight and used brake parts cleaner to make sure all other oils were gone. Then treated all the innards with Weapon Shield. Even the inside of the grip frame where the mags slide. While applying it to the outside of the barrell I noticed if I wiped it back off till it could not possibly be wet it still looked wet. Strange. After putting it back together I just had to pull the trigger through (yes, I know-dry fire). The trigger has never worked this smooth, light and easy. Even the slide racks smoother.
My son walked in and I handed it to him to do the same. He did not know I had done anything to it. His response was; "What the, what did you do to the trigger?" So it was not just my imagination.
I told him about Weapon Shield and now he's going to make sure we do the same to the rest of the guns. I wish it was not already midnight. I can't wait to shoot this thing but it has to work better.

George. If this gun functions under fire like I'm sure it's going to just from the evidence so far, I'll be singing it's praises to everyone I know. Especially
a few gun store owners and gunsmiths I know as well.

Thanks for the sample and enlightenment. Will update after firing.
Old July 19, 2007, 01:20 AM   #124
Lancel

I received the bottle of Weapon Shield CLP today. Tested it on a Glock 20 after first cleaning the pistol with Butch's Bore Shine. The Weapon Shield patch did get a little more fouling out of the slide channels. Okay it cleans...

But what really impressed me was what happened after reassembling the clean and lubed weapon. When I pulled and released the slide to chamber a round I found the action was significantly smoother. I was so impressed I repeated it several times. Yep, had the weapon some 17 years and it never felt this good.

Thanks again,
Larry
Old July 19, 2007, 01:30 AM   #125
Lancel

Here's a question, George

I normally wipe my carry pistol off with a silicone cloth at the end of an active day.

How well do the silicone and Weapon Shield work together. If repeated applications of weapon shield build more layers of protection and lubrication, does the silicone cloth interfere with the process?

Larry