The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 7, 2007, 11:39 PM   #226
rgates

and 4) thrilled that I finally found a product that does everything that most other products only brag about.

Thank you George.
Old August 8, 2007, 12:02 AM   #227
Big Don

George, I don't have the time to read all of the posts but those I've seen are very convincing. How does one go about getting this wonderful product? From you? Retail?
Don
Old August 8, 2007, 06:31 AM   #228
rgates

Go here. Click on order on line. There is a toll free number.

http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old August 8, 2007, 06:43 PM   #229
rgates

Got my big bottle today. Ordered Friday. Got it Wednesday. Can't ask any better than that. Great service. Thanks. Now I can throw away a bunch of other stinking cleaners and solvents that didn't do the job anyway and start treating the rest of my guns with Weapon Shield. My guns work and look better. My wife no longer complains about the smell when I clean them. Life is good. Gotta go play now.
Old August 9, 2007, 10:32 AM   #230
dralarms

George,

You will be getting a call or email from Mike Scoggins sometime soon. He wants to talk to you about your product. He wants to stock it in his gun store. Hope I was able to help.
Old August 10, 2007, 02:44 PM   #231
murphjup

George, First off I wanted to thank you for including me in your offer even though I was a bit late in asking...

Well, I got to use my sample today on a few pistols that needed a refresh cleaning... I found Weapon Shield removes dirt and rust well.. also, seems to Lub well, and the action of the guns are very smooth...

So I really enjoyed your product... going to your website to take a look at purchasing more... also maybe even a spray bottle of it...

Thank you for everthing.. good luck with your product!!

Old August 12, 2007, 03:27 PM   #232
obiwan1

George:

Got it! I'm going to go on a cleaning binge next weekend. thanks!

Obiwan
Old August 12, 2007, 03:44 PM   #233
Capt. Dixie

Best Stuff

George, would I be out-of-line asking if the test sample offer is still ongoing?
If so, I'm definitely in. Thanks kindly.
Old August 13, 2007, 03:01 PM   #234
gcfennell

Don

Officially, all thing come to an end. Unofficially, we leave no one behind
If you catch my drift
Thanks to everyone who posted up there results to date. Please continue.

Best regards
George
Old August 13, 2007, 03:24 PM   #235
ZeSpectre

Testing Concluded

Hey all,
I finally concluded my testing. The results can be seen on the "What lube is this" thread.

The cliff-notes version is that I'm impressed enough with Weapon Shield to have ordered more.
Old August 14, 2007, 10:19 PM   #236
rgates

Continued amazement

Several of my guns I've treated with Weapon Shield I have fired quite a bit and cleaned again except for one. A 35 year old winchester .22 semi-auto, Model 190. This was my first rifle and though has seen hundreds of thousands of rounds is in excellent shape. Finish and stock look almost new because I took good care of it. Took it out back today with my son and his girlfriend (girlfriend who likes shooting and even owns one. Way to go Son).
Weapon Shield definitely improved function. Smoother, lighter feel to the action. And I finally experienced the cinnamon smell mentioned by some of the others. My Winchester had been fired about 50 rounds. After his girlfriend fired another string of 15, she stopped, turned to me, started laughing and asked, "Why does your rifle smell like apple pie?" I never noticed firing my AK or pistols but this .22 really smelled like cinnamon. Kinda nice and the girls like it.
Old August 15, 2007, 06:38 PM   #237
Blankwaffe

The Weapon Shield works great as a CLP...and draws chicks.
SWEET!!!
Old August 15, 2007, 07:44 PM   #238
Bigfatts

This is hands down some of the best stuff I've ever used. I'll never buy Break Free or Rem Oil again! You have a great product and another loyal customer. And I really like the smell.
Old August 16, 2007, 03:01 PM   #239
gcfennell

Blankwaffe

Quote:
The Weapon Shield works great as a CLP...and draws chicks.
SWEET!!!
Raymond,
It does not taste as good as it smells.
...Just keep that in mind!

Best regards,
George
Old August 16, 2007, 07:16 PM   #240
Blankwaffe

Dont worry G,Im not gona drink any to find out how well it works.
Old August 18, 2007, 07:43 PM   #241
rgates

Just finished cleaning two semi-auto .22's after afternoon of shooting. My son's 10/22 and my old Winchester 190. Something I noticed. The old Winy was treated when I first got the sample. Did some shooting and then cleaned with Weapon Shield. Another day of shooting and when I cleaned this time, it was even easier than the last time. Same ammo and number of rounds. What manner of wizardry is this?
My son was amazed cleaning his 10/22. Easiest cleaning job he ever did and of course, like the other rifles and handguns made the action and trigger smoother and lighter.
Working to spread the word on this wonderfull product. My son is a believer now and will be telling all of his friends. He will be in the Air Force in December. I know the military only allows the use of products that have their approval. But at least he will have the knowledge there is something out there probably better than what is currently being used. Who knows.
Great! Got to thinking again how I'm gonna miss my shooting buddy. December closing fast.
Old August 18, 2007, 08:40 PM   #242
ZeSpectre

Quote:
Did some shooting and then cleaned with Weapon Shield. Another day of shooting and when I cleaned this time, it was even easier than the last time.
I noticed the same thing in the testing I did (see link in earlier post)
Old August 18, 2007, 11:25 PM   #243
rgates

Ze,
I've been watching your posts. Was very interested since you were comparing to Militec which I was thinking of ordering to try when George sent me the Weapon Shield sample. I've been impressed enough with Weapon Shield and the info from your tests I don't plan to bother trying out anything else.
BTW I've also been using it on door hinges, bicycle chain, a stubborn threaded fitting that didn't want to start. Might just retire the 3 in 1 oil along with my other solvents/cleaners.
Old August 19, 2007, 08:36 AM   #244
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I don't think I'll be flamed...just roasted.

I've tried WS on two milsurp rifles and two pistols of mine. Here are my results...

I honestly have to say that the action of the milsurp guns that I just bought improved with WS. It did a decent job of cleaning up the rifles overall.

However, I just didn't see any significant difference in quality of cleaning using WS. I'm not saying that it doesn't clean well, just not better. I don't like the viscosity of WS compared to Eezox. The Eezox bottle has a better setup on their .95oz bottles to reach tight spots. The bottle itself was easier to squeeze to extract the product.

Now, is WS a bad product. Heck, no. I think it's a good quality CLP. I don't think one is wrong in using it for its purpose. I believe that I received prompt delivery of the sample with no strings attached.

With that, I must say that I'll be sticking with Eezox. You never know, though. If Eezox were to go belly up, I definitely will consider Weapon Shield. The product didn't disappoint. As you can see, I really had to nitpick to finally separate the better of the two products. Besides, after reading your tip on applying WS to the holsters, I might buy some in the future...

I want to thank you for the sample and appreciate the time and effort put in to provide a good product for fellow firearm owners...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old August 19, 2007, 08:38 AM   #245
ZeSpectre

Quote:
BTW I've also been using it on door hinges, bicycle chain, a stubborn threaded fitting that didn't want to start. Might just retire the 3 in 1 oil along with my other solvents/cleaners.
Heh, I've discovered other uses as well. Since it was all I had on hand at the moment, I used Weapon Shield to get a neighbor's seized A/C fan motor running again. Was intended to be a temporary fix until the repairman could come (hot weather, long waits for the repairman) but here we are nearly a week later and the motor is still running fine. In fact it's running better (quiet and smooth) than ever according to the neighbor
Old August 26, 2007, 11:01 PM   #246
SLOMountaineer

Well, I used it for the first time on my new issue weapon...a S&W 4006TSW. Wow! Cleaning was way quicker this time. Action is much smoother when lubed with this awesome product compared to what we had been using. Doesn't seem to be a magnet for dirt like the other products.
Old August 27, 2007, 10:56 AM   #247
bdcbbq

I've also used it on a couple of squeaky doors and the hinges on a car door. Works like a champ. I'm going to be placing an order soon. I hope there is an aerosol version?
Old August 30, 2007, 10:24 PM   #248
Mr. A

George, does the engine shield work as well as WS? I don't suppose there will be a free offer for that as well? I just went through my sample of WS and need to order more. Continue impressing us!
Old August 30, 2007, 10:30 PM   #249
MyXD40

Just got my sample in today! Thanks! I cant wait to try it out next cleaning!
Old September 1, 2007, 08:15 AM   #250
MNAdam

this is the best

Pick this stuff up!!! cleaned everything I own with this and it is the best. The gun by the bed never gets used went to check it over the other night after a month or so of not cleaning it and it still looks like it was just cleaned