The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 3, 2002, 07:34 PM   #1
mdlowry

Where do you shoot?

For those of you who own class III, where do you shoot? All of the ranges I've been to have either prohibited select fire or rapid fire.
Old October 3, 2002, 09:32 PM   #2
ACP230

I belong to three gun clubs. One has that rule, two don't. There are also quite a few sand pits where I live. We occasionally shoot at one that is back in the bush a ways.
Old October 3, 2002, 09:44 PM   #3
KSFreeman

mdlowry, feel your pain. My club, even with our new 50 foot high berms, does not allow FA.

I shoot on private land. Bought a gravel pit in adjacent county. Highly recommended.
Old October 3, 2002, 09:53 PM   #4
mdlowry

Actually I don't own one (yet ). I've just never seen anyplace that will let you shoot one.
Old October 4, 2002, 07:36 AM   #5
KSFreeman

md, gravel pit time!
Old October 4, 2002, 08:06 AM   #6
DrDremel

Living in the Metro Detroit Suburbs, I found one indoor range out of 5 that will let me shoot the subgun. I had to let them try it first. I would say the same if it was my range. When I shoot outdoors I have to drive two hours to get to an outdoor range that will let me shoot full auto and rapid fire semi-auto. Most ranges in the area will not let anyone shoot rapid fire and the state run ranges will only let you load one at a time. That includes revolvers, bolt actions and .22lr firearms. I do not go to any of those ranges. All the gun clubs I have found will not let you shoot the full-auto either. One would let me shoot indoors but only on certain daysat certain times. I did not join there either. It is sad to hear gun owners say to me "what do you need oneof those for anyway." They do not realize the same can be said for their shotguns that hold more than one round. Michigan sucks for machinegunners
Old October 4, 2002, 03:04 PM   #7
Sleuth

Out my front door! I'm not kidding. My wife & I looked until we found land in a place we like, at the end of the road. We even make our own electricty! I currently have a 200 yd range, next to state land (I could get 1,000 yards by shooting into the state land, which is legal).
Next month, I'm going to move and raise my backstop, so I can get 600 yards. I have no one living within 1/2 mile. When I start shooting, folks over the hill open up as well.
It's great to live in the free state of Arizona!!
Old October 4, 2002, 07:09 PM   #8
CleverNickname

The range where I shoot IDPA every week allows full auto, so that's where I'll shoot once my transfer goes through. I just put a magazine through another guy's mini Uzi there on Monday...