The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 7, 2009, 09:14 AM   #1
INGunGuy

Astra Constable

I just purchased an Astra Constable .380 in really good shape with 2 mags for $190. I am not sure about these firearms, was that a good deal?

Thanks,

INGunGuy
Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.
Old January 7, 2009, 09:19 AM   #2
RamSlammer

I'd say that was a fair price depending on condition. You didn't steal it nor did you overpay. They're fine guns - no longer in production though so parts can be hard to find if needed.
Old January 7, 2009, 11:11 AM   #3
PSP

I carried one about thirty years ago and have fond memories of it. I see them mostly above $200, some way above, so I'd say you did well. The finish is not real durable on them, so if yours is in good shape you could suppose it was well cared for...another plus. Share a pic if you're able.
Old January 7, 2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Que

Below is mine (actually a .32 ACP) shown with some of my other small European semi-autos. I haven't shot it yet.

Old January 7, 2009, 09:23 PM   #5
hemiram

My friend has one, and I like it well enough that it's on my list of guns to buy. I missed one on Gunbroker a while back by a buck. I forgot to check back!
I've seen a few of them over the last 20 years and they all shot great.
Old January 7, 2009, 11:00 PM   #6
INGunGuy

Que That is a nice collection of pistols. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I also appreciate all the info. I like the gun. For 190 it wasnt a bad deal at all. I am going to take it to the range this weekend if the weather holds out.

INGunGuy
Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.

Tags
.380 , astra , constable , pistol