The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 18, 2005, 12:37 AM   #1
Parke1

Polish P64 reassembly HELP!

Hey folks,

I recently purchased a Polish P64 from SOG. It's a nice little gun, now that I replaced the hammer spring with a 16lb Walther PP spring. I can actually fire it double action without using both hands now.

Anyway, I detail stripped the gun last night so I could refinish the slide and frame. The slide went back together just fine, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to reinstall the trigger return spring in the frame. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I just can't figure out how that little jerk goes back in there!

Any advice would be very helpful. As far as I can tell, no detailed reassembly (or disassembly, for that matter) instructions are available anywhere. I've done more than my fair share of gunsmithing work in my time, but this spring is driving me insane. I've never been stumped by something as simple as a trigger return spring before! HELP!!!

Thanks,
-Parke1
Old September 18, 2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Parke1

Also, I know that this trigger return spring system closely mirrors that of a Walther PPK, so if anyone has any experience with that, please let me know!

Thanks!
-Parke1
Old September 20, 2005, 10:06 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Sorry for the delay, but can you post pics of the gun with grips off and the spring? I can generally figure these things out if I can see them.