The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1
output

Brommeland Gun Leather my experience so far

Background info:

I came across one of Gary’s holsters at a firearms course I took last year (2010.) I was so impressed with the quality and workmanship that I decided I would order one for myself. Before I placed my order I decided that I would do some research on Brommeland Gun Leather before placing my order… I quickly realized that Gary has had some issues with customer service and delivery times. I could not find one bad review on his holsters PERIOD aside from wait times, and customer service.

Placing my order:

I called Brommeland Gun Leather a couple days after seeing one of his holsters firsthand and Gary picked up on one of the first few rings. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he knows his trade and that he has a passion for what he does. It was pleasure speaking with him as he was very personable and extremely knowledgeable. I was told the wait time would be a few months and that I would not be billed until my holster was ready to be shipped to me.

Waiting for my order to arrive:

Two weeks after placing my order I received a phone call from Gary stating that a customer backed out of a sale just as he was completing the holster for him and that I could take it (as it was the same holster I ordered) if I would like. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity! Gary processed my credit card…and here I am over six months later with no holster, mag pouch, or belt as promised.

The only reason I am even halfway upset is because now after multiple emails and phone calls I feel as if I have been lied to. In my last email from Gary I was told:

“First off, thank you for your patience. We've have been getting some seriously ugly leather in lately and have sent most of it back to the tannery. This came as the result of having to throw away most of an entire batch of holsters.

We just received a fresh batch of material and it looks good. I am way behind on all of my orders because I am making some of them for the second and third time. In your case, the belt is the last piece to go, and I should be able to get to it sometime next week.

I'll give you a call or email you when I can be more specific, but I expect to ship your order out in the next week to ten days. Thank you again for hanging in there with us. I'll be in touch. Thanks!”

This is after being told on multiple occasions that my holster was being remade because he did not like the way it turned out. Why was I billed for the holster in the first place if he was not happy with the way it was turning out? Why was I not called or informed at any time? I do not mind wait times. I don't mind paying upfront as long as I am told. I just don’t like being lied to. After doing more research I’ve found that Gary has been giving the same excuses about received bad leather since 2007.

I just wanted to share my experience thus far. I will update this thread as time passes. Please feel free to do the same.

Last edited by output; May 26, 2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old May 26, 2011, 02:55 PM   #2
TacticalDefense1911

I've used Brommeland before. Seriously good stuff and the best holster I have ever owned. I had to wait a long time for mine and they did process my credit card as soon as I placed the order so that is a typical thing with them I'd assume. Hopefully, you get yours soon but I'm sure that you will be happy with it when you get it.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:08 AM   #3
output

TacticalDefense1911,

It is not the quality of Gary’s (Brommeland’s) holsters that is in question here. He makes a very fine holster and I do not think that can be questioned. It’s his business ethics and honesty that are in question. You obviously have not purchased from him in a while. He has had these very same issues for a long time and it is documented all over the internet.

A few years back he changed his policy and decided to no longer accept direct orders from customers and strictly sell his products via retailers. Somehow that plan did not work out and he started taking order directly from customers again, only he promised not to charge or bill the customer until the product was finished and ready for shipment. He has not kept his word and he is back to doing business the way he use to. Charging people upfront, promising them a delivered product, and not following through with the delivery as promised and giving people the run around for months on end. I have had multiple communications with him where he has basically flat-out lied to me on each occasion.

In retrospect I should not have allowed him to bill me until my order was ready to be shipped.

Here is a link to a thread on Defensive Carry: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...holster-3.html Start reading on page 1. Gary was also a moderator on this site at one time if I am not mistaken. The thread is called “Where is my holster” in the thread people post transcripts of their dealings with Brommeland Gun Leather. There is lots of good information on it.

Here is another link with feedback from some of his previous clients including me aka “clearblue” on the site: http://forums.1911forum.com/showthre...=279771&page=2

Please don’t get me wrong. I am not trying to bash Gary or Brommeland. I just want others to be able to make a well informed decision before they place their order(s).

Last edited by output; May 27, 2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old May 27, 2011, 03:03 PM   #4
TacticalDefense1911

Yeah, I think that last time I ordered from him was 2007 so it has been a while.
Old July 20, 2011, 07:17 AM   #5
output

Update

Update: I have not received my order.

I finally received a phone call from Brommeland last week (7/13/2011) reconfirming my belt size. This phone call came two whole months after I was told on 5/25/2011 that my holster, magazine pouch, and belt were expected to ship within the next 7-10 days. The reconfirming of the belt size leads me to believe Gary had not previously stated working on my belt as he has stated previously.
Old August 16, 2011, 11:23 AM   #6
output

I have not received my order as of 8/16/2011

I was contacted once again by Brommeland on Friday 8/12/2011 reconfirming my belt size yet again.
Old August 16, 2011, 12:25 PM   #7
saltydog452

Best product that suit me is Bromeland

I spend a lot of time seated.

Bromeland's IWB suits me fandamntastic. So much so that I ordered a spare, just in case, version of the same model.

The lady part of the team called a couple of months after placing the order. She requsted billing information. It was given with the understanding that my order was on deck for the next cut and fit on the bench.

Didn't work out that way. It seems that there was a lightening strike that fried their computer. Later there was a scarcity of suitable leather.

Two months after the charge appeared on the credit card, I asked for either a credit on the cc card, or the product.

The product was rec'd in a week. Its good stuff.

Can't imagine a talented craftsman like Bromeland traveling the road of quality production and indifferent delivery without good reason. Whatever that reason is, I hope they can work it out.

The product is as good as it gets. I wish them well.

salty
Old September 11, 2011, 12:58 PM   #8
output

Update

After about 9 months I have finally received my order.

If I had not been lied to about the billing 8 months ago and given the run-around so much, I would be 100% happy right now. The product quality is amazing.

See pictures below:

Old September 12, 2011, 06:58 AM   #9
TacticalDefense1911

I'm glad that you finally got it!
Old September 12, 2011, 11:43 AM   #10
saltydog452

Mr. Bromeland makes some seriously good stuff.

I don't have a problem making a deposit of 'sincere, non-refundable, money' when my order is next up.

Unless people no longer eat hamburgers, and dogs no longer eat Alpo, there isn't gonna be a shortage of hides.

Dang, I wish the Bromeland team well.

sd.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:06 PM   #11
output

Salty,

I let the first post go. The second one bothers me. Gary lied to me on multiple occasions about my order being “ready” or “almost ready” he did not return my phone calls or emails for months. He specifically told me, that he would not charge my card until my order was ready to be shipped. He then called me and LIED about an order being ready that was canceled and billed me BUT DID NOT SHIP MY ORDER FOR OVER EIGHT MONTHS.

Do you understand what my post is about? This man lied to me multiple times; apparently it is a regular occurrence and has happened to a lot of people as documented.

I have no problem with paying for things up front. If a holster maker requires a deposit or full payment up front that is fine with me. I just want to know that I am paying up front, do not tell me I won’t be billed until my order is ready to be shipped, then bill me and not ship the order for almost a year.

This thread was not made for you to advertise in, it is about my experiences with Brommeland.

Tags
brommeland , customer service , gun leather , my experience , service