The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 26, 2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

10 mm Magnum... how rare...

got a 10 mm Magnum Automag 4... it's probably pretty rare, as they now make them in 45 win mag... anticipating tough brass conditions, I bought 1,000 Starline brass when I bought the gun, I love the gun ...

anyone else got one, or have any eye deer how many odd balls there are out there like me ???
Old July 26, 2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

I fired one when they first came out.

I was not impressed with the gun -- AMT products were generally marginal to very crappy.

The IV we had (I was with American Rifleman at the time) tried to disassemble itself on every shot. As I recall, we refused to write it up because it was so marginal.

If yours works well for you, cherish it.

Were did you find reloading data for the 10mm Mag.? I've never seen it published, and I think the Auto Mag MIGHT be the only gun that ever chambered this cartridge.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old July 26, 2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Magnum Wheel Man

Mine has probably between 250 & 500 rounds through it, it is scoped & has finger groove rubber grips... it is a long barrel ( 8"... 2" stick through the slide )

I've been shooting 190 grain copper clad flat points & developing loads for it... never had any issues or problems with the gun, or it's function...
Old July 27, 2006, 08:35 AM   #4
Ausserordeutlich

The problem with crappy firearms is that the NEXT round you fire might be your last.