The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 11, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1
AdrianVall

Looky what I found today!

Wooooo hooooo!

Found me a little gem today. These things are an extreme rarity down here in south Florida. Nobody ever has any, and when they do, they are expensive. Got a pretty decent deal given the current price market for these.

It was between this and the Glock 26 Gen 4. I still kinda feel like I should have gone with the Glock, but we'll see I guess. I could always trade it for a G26 with someone if I change my mind I'm sure.

Picture time!

Old January 11, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Dragline45

I have been looking for one for months now, nice grab. I find it kind of odd I can walk into a car dealership and get a make and model car in any color I want easier than I can pick up certain model pistols, even before the whole school shooting thing.
Old January 11, 2013, 09:20 PM   #3
AdrianVall

Quote:
I have been looking for one for months now, nice grab. I find it kind of odd I can walk into a car dealership and get a make and model car in any color I want easier than I can pick up certain model pistols, even before the whole school shooting thing.
Yeah, shopping for cars can DEFINITELY be easier.. lmao!

I've been somewhat looking for one for a couple months now. Not very diligently, but I've been searching a bit. I've really been trying to hold out for a Gen 4 G26. I kind of regret getting the shield. Not because its not a good gun, bu because I really wanted the G26. I MIGHT just end up trying to sell/trade the shield for a G26. I'm not sure yet. We'll see I suppose.
Old January 11, 2013, 09:21 PM   #4
jfrey

I seriously doubt you will change your mind. I really enjoy mine. This is the single stack 9mm Glock wishes they had made. A few hundred rounds to get things seated in and it will be a real good shooter.
Old January 11, 2013, 09:45 PM   #5
AdrianVall

Quote:
I seriously doubt you will change your mind. I really enjoy mine. This is the single stack 9mm Glock wishes they had made. A few hundred rounds to get things seated in and it will be a real good shooter.
You might be right.. but I just really like how the mags on the Glocks 9mm's can fit others. I'd love to have my 17 round glock 17 mags fit in the 26 I wanted.. ya know? I kinda liked the trigger better on the Glock too. But we'll see. I'm going to take it to the range Monday and it might just change my mind.. unless someone makes me a good offer on a Glock 26.
Old January 11, 2013, 09:45 PM   #6
wstein

I was lucky, I walked into a LGS just being nosey last August and they had 3 Shield 40's in the case. Previous week they had a big S&W sale. Paid 450 before tax, title, and tag on one. Been carrying it ever since.

I don't have a good signature.....
Old January 11, 2013, 09:49 PM   #7
915A

Nice score, still have yet to see one!
Old January 12, 2013, 01:24 AM   #8
+1k ammo

Nice. I keep coming back to the Shield as my soon to be carry.

Have looked at Kahr, Glock, Sccy, Kel tek, Sig, PPS, Neo, Px4c - but I really want the S&W if I could find one.

And a good price also. Good find.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:14 AM   #9
AdrianVall

Well, now of course, my wife decides she would rather have the Glock 26 Gen 4 for her carry.. so I'm more then likely going to try and sell/trade for one. Go figure. I was looking for a carry gun for her. Stupid me for not bringing her with me. GRRR.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:25 AM   #10
915A

Man that sucks, you found what my friends jokingly call " the magic unicorn" and you may get rid of it. No worries man, gotta keep the mrs happy.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:44 AM   #11
Silent Bob

I have only seen one with my Mark I eyeballs yet, and it was a .40.
Old January 12, 2013, 04:11 PM   #12
AdrianVall

LMAO! The magic unicorn, eh? Interesting.. haha

Definitely gotta keep the Mrs happy for sure.
Old January 13, 2013, 11:06 AM   #13
1DrnkMxR

I've had my shield9 for about 3 months now and its a keeper thinking about getting the Apex trigger for it and different sights.
Old January 13, 2013, 11:37 AM   #14
leadchucker

I lucked out about a month ago, and found a .40 Shield at MSRP, surprisingly enough, at Florida Gun Exchange.

I like Glocks, and I had been jonesing for a 26 or a 27, but then I picked up a Shield. Finest little concealed carry handgun on the market IMO.
Old January 13, 2013, 10:50 PM   #15
LRChops

National Gun Supply in Loomis California will be getting in a bunch of Shields I will wait until they are in the $400 range!! If you can find a LEO S&W Dealer, they will be available at wholesale cost. I am waiting for California Tactical in Roseville to become S&W LE Factory Direct dealers. The pricing is way low!

Once things calm down, the prices will level out. National Gun Supply is one of the best shops around and thier prices are VERY fair. I bought a FNP-40 from them for around $400 and got a bunch of magazines thrown in as well!

Last edited by LRChops; January 17, 2013 at 08:50 PM.