The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 2, 1999, 01:07 PM   #1
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

I have a chance to get my grubby li'l paws on a Winchester 12 with a release trigger. Having never used this system before, I'd appreciate some info on techniques, pros and cons, repair (if necessary), etc.
Old July 2, 1999, 02:57 PM   #2
BigG

The release trigger is one where you pull the trigger, and the gun fires when you release it. It was made for folks who flinch. That raises the question of who modified the gun, I don't think it was Winchester, but you never know. I have a thing about modified guns, I like em stock, then I have somewhere to begin if something is wrong with it. With a modified gun, you have professional gunsmiths and you have other gunsmiths...which one did it?

I would pass it up, unless you flinch. BigG

------------------
Yankee Doodle

Old July 2, 1999, 03:02 PM   #3
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Flinch isn't a problem for me. I take a Zen attitude towards recoil and noise: Yeah, it hurts, so what?

The trigger on this gun was a custom job. I prefer stock as well, unless I'm the one doing the work, in which case I can kick the @$$ of the idiot who screws it up.

Thanks for the feedback.