The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 26, 2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Nathan

XD Mod2 or XDs Grip Length

Can most people get 3 fingers on the grip frame with the std length magazine?
Old April 26, 2015, 11:56 AM   #2
AZRoger

Can't speak to the XDs, Nathan, but I just bought an XD Mod.2 in 9mm and I can get all three fingers on with the 13 round mag, BUT, and it's a big "but", I have quite small hands and short fingers! If you're familiar with golf gloves, I wear a "Cadet" size glove. My guess is that most men and some women will struggle to get that pinky on the grip.

Springfield's specs show the XDs as having an even shorter height than the XD Mod.2, so I imagine it would be even more difficult to get 'em all on with it!
Old April 26, 2015, 12:52 PM   #3
lee n. field

The Mod 2 is basically an XD subcompact. In my case, that's a two finger grip.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old April 27, 2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Loronzo

For the Xd subcompact, pierce makes a grip extension that replaces the floorplate and helps with that extra finger without adding much bulk. I use one with my gen 1. I believe they make them for the XDS also but not 100 percent sure. The flat floorplate is a 2 finger hold but the extension makes it just right for me. (And I have big Neanderthal (extra large) hands)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (233.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Loronzo; April 27, 2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old May 2, 2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Nathan

So, I checked these the other day at a well stocked LGS. I wear a med to large glove.

I found XDs and XD Mod 2 could be shot with three fingers on it, but the third finger would likely fall off in recoil, so the pierce grip thingy would be required.