The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 25, 2002, 01:26 PM   #1
glockinmysock

Anyone own a Green Mountain or Waller Range Bag?

Would appreciate your comments and info as to how well either of these 2 bags accomodates 2 handguns (i.e. does it come with padded handgun sleeves or do I need to provide my own?), ammo boxes, and little things like earplugs, snapcaps, etc (are there little open-top pockets inside?). Right now I am doing the Home Depot gatemouth thing but would like to invest in a nice functioning and nice looking bag. No flames please or reviews of other bags, as I am already aware of Shooters Connection, Dillon, etc. but looking at the Waller vs the Green Mtn.

Thanks in advance for your replies and have a great holiday weekend!
Medical Student
NRA member
Husband of very supportive woman!

Last edited by glockinmysock; May 25, 2002 at 11:49 PM.
Old May 25, 2002, 07:41 PM   #2
jaysouth

My twice a week shooting buddy has the big Waller bag that looks like your attached photo.

He has dedicated ammo bags from Dillon so does not carry ammo in the Waller. I have been shooting with him for at least five years and the bag is holding up very well. It has padded pockets inside to hold handguns.

With all the guns he carrys (5-6), other gear and several sets of tools, the bag easily weighs 75 pounds. It works good for him.

I would consider getting one except it won't hold all my shooting gear. My current shooting bag is a dedicated Ford Van. I've been looking at used U-hauls.
Old May 27, 2002, 07:06 PM   #3
Fireglock

I bought a Green Mountain as I was down sizing what I carry at the matches. The big difference I see is that the GM has wrap around handles while the Waller uses a handle sewn to the top of the bag. I prefer the wrap arounds, stronger and the GM is more economical.

My other bag is a Bagmaster which is great for general range work but it is big and I tend to put to much gear in it for matches.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Old July 21, 2002, 12:09 PM   #4
MARTINI13

Waller range bag

I can't comment on the green mountain bag, but I have a Waller range bag and I find it to be perfect for me. I carry three or four handguns at a time, ammo, ear muffs,tool kit, extra mags,and nutrigrain bars. It has held up for four years without any wear.
Old July 21, 2002, 12:57 PM   #5
KSFreeman

Great bag. Mine has been around the country and is still in great shape after 10 years. Laughs at baggage handlers (it's that tough).