The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 16, 2002, 06:04 AM   #1
AK103K

Sportsmans Guide just got my last order!

The Sportsmans Guide is losing it! Their minds and my business. I placed an order for a couple of things last week, including a mauser bayonet. I get an email from them stating that they cant ship the bayo to my address, its a restricted zip code. I call them up and ask why its restricted, as its not restricted to ship items like that by my state (PA). The girl says that their lawyers now advise them not to ship it here! What a way to do business! Place adds for stuff and then dont sell it to you! I guess being on the US border with PRNJ (peoples republic of new jersey) makes us a bad risk. I've had other issues with them over shipping things, but this is getting ridiculous! Oh well, their loss, I've dumped a bunch of money there over the years, but no more.
Old March 16, 2002, 11:15 AM   #2
bruels

I've always been satisfied with Sportsmans Guide. I think their customer service attitude is excellent. Perhaps you should go higher up the company food chain if you think their restricted zip code policy is overly protective. Maybe someone made a mistake in adding your zip code to the banned list for that particular product.
Old March 19, 2002, 08:44 PM   #3
PATH

I concur with Bruels on this one. They have shipped everything to me no problem. I am close to northern border of the PRofNJ.

'How MacPherson Held The Floor'
Old March 19, 2002, 09:02 PM   #4
FPrice

I have not ordered from SG in several years. They no longer ship ammo to Massachusetts. When I called to ask them why, their reply was, "Call the Mass AG's office.". There is no reason why ammo cannot be shipped to this state. Since SG will not tho, I take my business elsewhere.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Old March 21, 2002, 06:43 PM   #5
addecus

same here

after years of getting whatever ordered sent by Postal Priority, they are telling me now that they'll only do parcel post. No ifs or buts. What's up with them. It costs same and you're talkin a diff of one week to four to six weeks! yup they lost it.
Old March 26, 2002, 06:22 PM   #6
Bacchus

Send an e-mail to customer service

I had a similar problem with a recent order. I called to order some binoculars and ammo and the salesperson stated that the price was a mis-print in the catalog. I had checked the web site before calling and it was the same as that in the catalog. The salesperson was rude over the phone so I cancelled the entire order.

Send 2 e-mails--one to the customer service link and the other to the general mail link--both on the "contact us" page.

One came back with a canned response apologizing for the mis-print and the other sent a 10. gift certificate towards my next order.

Give them a chance to earn your business and make things right for you.