The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 23, 2010, 12:46 PM   #1
balazona

Rottweil 12 gauge OO buckshots

Hi guys,
How is this ammo for HD?is it reliable enough and gives good pattern with short barrel pumps?
Your reviews please.
Old January 23, 2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Scattergun Bob

balazona

Rottweil is part of the RUAG Ammotec GmbH they share the limelight of being the finest ammo manufactures in the world with the Rest of RUAG RWS, Norma, and GECO. Originally this group of ammo producers was known as Dynamit Nobel.

I have shot both Rottweil/BRENNEKE Classic slugs and 00 buckshot. I find them to be extremely reliable and consistent.

As to your question of patterning, I myself believe that in most 18" to 20" tubes Federal LE tactical is the best patterning 00 in the world. That said, I would not turn down any Rottweil 00 that came my way.

REMEMBER; shot patterns from scattergun barrels CAN have extreme variances. Truly no two barrels seem to shoot alike. MAKE ABSOLUTLY SURE THAT YOU DO THE WORK OF PATTERNING YOUR BARRELL WITH YOUR SHOTSHELLS AT REALISTIC RANGES, before you bet your life on how it works.

Good Luck & Be Safe
Old January 24, 2010, 11:33 AM   #3
zippy13

Scattergun Bob
Quote:
REMEMBER; shot patterns from scattergun barrels CAN have extreme variances. Truly no two barrels seem to shoot alike. MAKE ABSOLUTLY SURE THAT YOU DO THE WORK OF PATTERNING YOUR BARREL WITH YOUR SHOTSHELLS AT REALISTIC RANGES, before you bet your life on how it works.
Sage advice, my friend. I fear, all to often, HD ammo selection is limited to following the recommendations of others without actual field verification.