The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 12, 2011, 09:54 AM   #76
threegun

I said yes because it is possible and the long answer would have included the "maybe's" you had already posted.

My lightest capacity shotgun holds 7 plus 1. I have trained with it pretty good although not to competitive levels on the reloads.

My threegun shotgun, a Remington 1100 with 10 shot extension, would be even better, if the space to wield it were available. With this I am extremely confident that only molly maid would be needed when the shooting stopped. Its surprising how fast so many targets can be engaged and eliminated. Even for my relatively small frame.
Old September 12, 2011, 09:56 AM   #77
MLeake

threegun, in your case, sounds like a short answer of "yes" is probably accurate.

I think most of the people who practice shooting fast multiples do so with double barrels, though I'm sure there are many who do so with pumps or autos.

And, of course, there are threegunners.

But I assume that any of those people wouldn't have asked if a shotgun would do the trick. I also assume that anybody who asks the question, is probably not proficient at fast multiples or reloading.
Old September 12, 2011, 05:13 PM   #78
threegun

Quote:
threegun, in your case, sounds like a short answer of "yes" is probably accurate.

I think most of the people who practice shooting fast multiples do so with double barrels, though I'm sure there are many who do so with pumps or autos.

And, of course, there are threegunners.

But I assume that any of those people wouldn't have asked if a shotgun would do the trick. I also assume that anybody who asks the question, is probably not proficient at fast multiples or reloading.
Ah the good side of threegun, getting to shoot multiple targets and reloading AFAP.
Old September 14, 2011, 09:45 AM   #79
bikerbill

Prevention has to be the key; strong locks and other methods of keeping the BG's out ... how is a woman in the shower supposed to reach a shotgun and fight off five armed men? Even sitting with the shotty in your lap poses a number of serious issues ...
Old September 15, 2011, 07:28 PM   #80
bjones870

This happened to me, so I know how she/ they felt. I was cutting grass one day s a couple of summers ago, I was 16 at the time I believe. I had just come back inside from cutting the grass, using the back door. I hopped in the shower, as I had plans later that night. Well, half way through my shower, my dog came upstairs and started scratching on the door. This IMMEDIATELY made me know for a fact something was wrong. As she literally NEVER came upstairs. So I hopped out of the shower quick, fast, and in a hurry, and looked down my stairs. And there was the BG, a black guy walking in front of the bottom of the stairs. So I grabbed my dads 12 G and called the police. Long story short, he left, they arrived, and of course, never found him or anything. You feel VERY vulnerable, and everyone who isn't a family member wants to kill you. Just a heads up, a dog will ALWAYS be in my house from now on. I also have an alarm system that beeps anytime anyone opens a door or window. And let's just say that if a BG gets in my house, then the pitbull is the least of his problems. The alarm system isn't as good as the dog. But hey, why not have both?

To be ready, mentally and physically for what ever scenario arises, provides the best sleep at night I've ever gotten.