The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 25, 2011, 08:05 AM   #1
berettapx4problem

Beretta Px4 subcpt Problem with Slide

Just picked up the brand new 9mm Px4 Subcompact and am experiencing problems with the slide. When I first attempted to pull back the slide on the pistol, it appeared to be jammed i.e. I could not pull back the slide. After playing around with it it came loose and has appeared to function normally. However a couple of days later, I again have the same problem with the slide; it cannot be pulled back. The gun is under warranty however I am curious if anyone has experienced similar issues.

Thanks
Old March 25, 2011, 08:22 AM   #2
TexRanger

PX4 SC Problem with Slide

I have a PX4 SC in .40 but have neither experienced that problem nor heard of others who have.

You might want to check out the Beretta forum. There are at least a few threads dedicated to the PX4 SC.

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Old March 26, 2011, 08:17 AM   #3
berettapx4problem

Update

Took the gun back to local dealer yesterday. The gunsmith suggested that there was a malfunction relating to the trigger mechanism that was jamming the slide. They refunded my purchase. Nonetheless, this could have been a potentially dangerous failure and, as a first time Beretta customer, I am very concerned about their quality control.
Old March 26, 2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Donovan655

Sorry to hear about that. You have a good gun dealer to take a refund like that. The PX4 subcompact sure could use some improvement in quality control. They are hit or miss. Not something you expect from Beretta. My PX4 full size has been perfect through 300 rds.

Tags
9mm , beretta , px4 , subcompact