The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 15, 2000, 03:55 PM   #1
Sod

If you don't know what I'm talking about take a look at "clipdraw.com" and let me know what you think. If you already have one do you like it? If know one has any experience good or bad I might take a shot , what the hell it's only twenty bucks.
Old February 15, 2000, 06:49 PM   #2
Rosco Benson

I used the, now discontinued but identical, Brown & Pharr unit for quite a while. These things work pretty well. If you wear a narrow belt (1" or 1.25") and you put the pistol in your waistband with the tongue of the "clip" over the waistband, but UNDERNEATH the belt, the belt will tend to ride up over the curved portion of the tongue of the clip and hold the pistol very securely.

It is a good product....too good to stay dead. I'm glad "clipdraw" resurrected it.

Rosco
Old February 15, 2000, 08:56 PM   #3
sharpsrifle

I use one on my S&W 442 airweight. (appendix carry).
With the little Smith, I found that I need a t-shirt between me and the gun or things get a might uncomfortable. :O
Never tried the one for 1911's.
I bet it would be pretty good with a Commander or LW Officers ACP, though.

------------------
Regards, Sharps.
Old February 16, 2000, 01:16 AM   #4
Jim V

I have one for my 1911, in fact I have one of the Brown and Pharr units as well as one from the '30's in my collection. I have used them with wooden stocks but not the stag or ivory because I would have to carve on the stocks to get the unit to fit. The thigs work well for me, when I use them, and there is no need for a holster.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"
Old February 16, 2000, 11:04 AM   #5
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

I have one for a Commander (which I no longer have). Neat little gadget, but it covers the rear slide serrations to a small degree.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson
Old February 17, 2000, 05:30 PM   #6
VictorLouis

Have one on a 442, which I normally carry in an older style Galco Ankle Glove rig. The clip doesn't interfere with insertion into the holster(off the ankle). If that gun should ever have to be drawn, I like the fact it can be quickly placed into the pocket or waistband with the clip to secure it. Very handy device, all around.