The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 2, 2009, 10:33 AM   #1
matt_3479

Browning X-Bolt (New Big Game Rifle)

I have hunted for a couple years now and i have hunted anything from squirrels and rabbits up to caribou and moose. I have been using mostly my dads guns and my best friends dad's guns. I want my own big game rifle because this year My dad, my dads best friend and my best friend with a few others are doing a Black bear/moose hunt and next year were going after caribou. I really like the 300. wsm so thats what im going to get and i was thinking of getting a browning x-bolt stainless stalker, i have heard many great reviews on it. What do you think of this gun(x-bolt)
Old May 2, 2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

You'll shoot best with whichever rifle fits you best. They all work, okay, as rifles. Very little real difference among any of them.

The usual deal: Mount the rifle to your shoulder with your eyes closed. When you open your eyes, you should be looking right through the sights or scope without having to move your head.

After that, it's up to your own wants, billfold size, and sense of aesthetics.