The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 13, 2009, 01:18 PM   #1
LateNightFlight

YouTube vids that build towards our demise

Aggggh! Why do people upload vids like this? It casts us all in a horrible light. It's ammo for the anti hunters/anti gunners to assert that this is who hunters and shooters are - people who appear to delight in an animals suffering.

What the public won't take away from this upload is how these hunters were responsible enough to locate an animal that was foul hit and dispatch it. I'm trying not to judge whether or not they could have gone about it a different way. (I think they could have, but I'm guessing.) But to video tape and upload this sad circumstance for some sort of comedic value as demonstrated by their laughter?
:barf: :barf: :barf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bqEGwVfWMs
Old December 13, 2009, 01:39 PM   #2
NSO_w/_SIG

Wouldn't of been so bad if they just wouldn't of acted like idiots the whole time. O well there is always going to be a handful, you're right though this kind of video being posted on the internet is just more ammo for antis.
Old December 13, 2009, 01:51 PM   #3
remingtonva

see people like that gives us good hunters a bad name so the non- gun owners can go look how bad ALL hunters are!!!!! that is pathetic
Old December 13, 2009, 02:43 PM   #4
fast-eddie

I think vids like this are worse then that one. For those of us who are into hunting for the sport and to comune with nature, these vids make us look like sportless, blood thristy killers. These hogs in the video were probably let out of a cage a few minute in front of these hunter. How could you get this close in the wide open to a ferril hog. The worst part is that this is a sponsered TV show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TgPtnWjE0
Old December 13, 2009, 04:36 PM   #5
Catfish25p2000

Really, more than anything, it shows that the guy just kind of a goof ball sticking his whole arm in a Coyote den! I wouldn't do that.
Old December 13, 2009, 04:52 PM   #6
remingtonva

yea but the hog fighting is a part of nature, not sticking your hand in a yote den pulling it out then shooting it.. what if something would have happened. if they were smart they would have shot the yotey in a wounding shot an let it bleed to death, atleast its a little more humane..
Old December 13, 2009, 06:52 PM   #7
teeroux

I don't consider anything in the coyote vid inhumane but mabe immoral for taking pleasure for its misfortune. They killed a coyote, so what, it died fast, and I don't consider what they did inhumane. Not anywhere as bad a suffering as trapping, fright from chasing or capture with dogs, or them dieing from most natural causes.

I do agree they make hunting generally look bad with the vid of their stupidity though.

Last edited by teeroux; December 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old December 13, 2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
How could you get this close in the wide open to a ferril hog.
It isn't all that hard, especially when the hogs are not paying attention to anything other than fighting.

Just look how close this guy got to two bucks who were entangled...
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=388709
Old December 14, 2009, 07:20 AM   #9
Horseman

It wasn't so much the act but the laughing that bothers me. No respect for taking a life. The guy's got big one's to stick his hand in a coyote den.
Old December 14, 2009, 02:13 PM   #10
FrankenMauser

The "Colt .380" (Numbers 1-6) have always been a favorite of mine. Idiot kids, in some one's back lot, no regard for safety, and pointing loaded weapons at themselves and each other. (Finger on the trigger, most of the time.)

It doesn't really relate to hunting, but the video is far from a compliment to our kind...
Old December 14, 2009, 02:56 PM   #11
2rugers

Hogs in that video seem a little overly tame to me.
Old December 14, 2009, 04:51 PM   #12
oneounceload

You can always leave negative comments making the point that ethical folks don't act like that......