The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old April 29, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1
HOGSHOOTER

Any chance of a bow and crowsbow section ????

Yeah I read the knives are not guns above and archery use no gunpowder .But fire they do and theres a bunch of us that enjoy are bows and crossbows that now spend half are time on other forums.So why not give us a section for bowhunters and tech.questions A the same for Crossbow hunters,so we can spend our time here on the firing line.HOGSHOOTER
Old April 29, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

TFL was started as a site for discussing firearms, firearms right, and civil rights as they pertain to the broader question of responsible firearms ownership. That's not changed, nor do we anticipate it changing in the future.

While we recognize that many of our members are bow enthusiasts, there are many excellent bow/crossbow sites on the web, and discussing them is best done on forums that make them their primary focus, not an afterthought.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old April 30, 2013, 06:46 PM   #3
HungryHunter

I understand and respect staffs rules, and opinions. Just my two cents though, I like the people and staff here, and would really enjoy an archery area. If TFL never has one I'm not going to be upset, but I'm with HOGSHOOTER, I'd rather spend my time here than any where else, and think it would be nice.
Old April 30, 2013, 11:30 PM   #4
BumbleBug

Firearms only please...

I'm new here, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents in & say no to archery. I like that this forum is just firearms. It seems there are plenty of forums for archery & bowhunting. I was a long time bowhunter & enjoyed the sport. There seem to be enough "gentle" disagreements among gunners in here with the current topics!

JIMHO...

...bug
Old April 30, 2013, 11:50 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

That's ok, no need to waste your 2 cents, bug. The answer was already given, and it really won't change.

To quote from the TFL mission statement: "The Firing Line is a virtual community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership." No mention of bows or crowsbows (whatever those are ).

Many members would like TFL to be the be-all and end-all of forums for everything they are interested in, not just firearms, and that is perfectly understandable. They make friends here, both virtual and real life, and they want to share far more of their experiences, hobbies, and endeavors beyond the topics of firearms, the shooting sports, and the RKBA. However, it simply isn't going to happen at the forum level here.

TFL is a well focused forum - let's keep it that way.
Old May 11, 2013, 07:15 PM   #6
HOGSHOOTER

Cannot let the site grow huh,so be it.HOGSHOOTER off to crossbow nation and other bowsites feel free to come to other sites hungryhunter and we can talk about our archery gear I be on site here about 1/3 of the time .HOGSHOOTER

Last edited by HOGSHOOTER; May 11, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old May 11, 2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Mike Irwin
Staff

This site will continue to grow, but its growth will reflect our CORE purpose, focus, and mission.

We are not, will not, and cannot be all things to all interests of all members.

Quite frankly, we don't care how much time you spend here, we care about the QUALITY of the time you spend here discussing firearms.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread