The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 25, 2016, 06:31 PM   #1
trucker3573

Ballistor cleaning alternatives??

I just bought a can of ballistor. It is the one that comes with the pump sprayer. Wow does it clean great...blows hoppes #9 oit of the water. The problem is that this stuff smells absolutely awful. It literally turns my stomach and makes me want to puke. Is there an alternative that cleans as well but isnt so revolting in the stench dept?
Old June 25, 2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Pahoo

It's called Ballistol and it is good stuff

Quote:
The problem is that this stuff smells absolutely awful. It literally turns my stomach and makes me want to puke.
Then I take it that you have never cleaned a Gut-Shot Rabbit. ......

Yes, it's good stuff and the worse thing I can say about it, is that it stinks and I won't mention what it reminds me of. Anyway, if you are shooting smokeless than you have a bunch of great options. On the other hand, is you are shooting any of the M.L propellants then you options are fewer. ......

I delegate this product for use in my M/L's and for field use, cut it 50/50 with mineral spirits. It does cut down, on the stink. .......

Be Safe !!!
Old June 26, 2016, 10:26 AM   #3
campingnights

I suggest Fireclean, I use it on everything, blackpowder and smokeless. Doesn't smell, nontoxic, works excellent, and a little goes a long way. What more could you want? Midway or Amazon should have it.

Oh, doesn't stink neither

My wife told me that I can't have too many guns, I agreed and told her I can never have too many guns...and then the trouble began