The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 7, 2013, 05:22 PM   #1
baddarryl

P89 to P95 trigger conversion link?

Hi all. I ordered a p95 trigger and springs for my P89 some time back. I had a link to how to do the conversion, but can not find one now for the life of me. If anyone has done this can you provide a link? I know the new trigger needs to be ground a little bit, but I don't want to proceed on my own! Lol! Thanks!
Old September 7, 2013, 07:02 PM   #2
gb6491

This might be what you are looking for: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/vie...3f5fcb205526ca
Regards,
Greg
Old September 7, 2013, 08:06 PM   #3
ritepath

I just come back from the range with my p89, first time I've shot it in 12 years. I'd forgotten how accurate it shoots. This mod could be pretty fun to do.
Old September 8, 2013, 01:28 AM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

I've done this mod on my P89DC and found that, at least for my pistol, there was no need to modify the trigger at all. The P95 trigger I bought from Midway USA was a drop-in fit.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/vie...p?f=2&t=170475

Here's another owner who found that his P89 took a P95 trigger with no modification required. There is also some discussion in the thread about when modification might be required and when it doesn't appear to be required.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/vie...p?f=2&t=170630

It won't hurt anything to go ahead and do the modification to the trigger, but it might be worth checking to see if there is going to be interference between the trigger and other parts in the gun before doing the mod. You could save yourself some time.
Old September 8, 2013, 08:07 AM   #5
lee n. field

Quote:
I've done this mod on my P89DC and found that, at least for my pistol, there was no need to modify the trigger at all. The P95 trigger I bought from Midway USA was a drop-in fit.
Interesting.

Since the trade on my P90 fell through I'll be keeping it. I may just try this.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "