The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 25, 2008, 12:07 AM   #1
gorgon24

AKnutt

Had a done deal with AKnutt. All the details are here in this thread -
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=297836

It has also been brought to my attention that one of our other members claims to have been SCAMMED by AKnutt.

This person should be avoided at all cost.

Last edited by JohnKSa; June 25, 2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Removed: Namecalling, personal information & hearsay.
Old June 25, 2008, 02:14 AM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

• AKnutt is a TFL member, therefore you can explain the situation and set forth the evidence but you may not resort to namecalling.
  • Do not post another member's personal information.
  • If someone ELSE was scammed, have them start their own thread and tell their own story. In YOUR thread, stick to the problem YOU experienced.
Old June 25, 2008, 09:10 AM   #3
gorgon24

Alrighty Then .... Let's try this the Politically Correct Way

Since I can't "Tell it how it is" about a really bad guy to protect other honest TFL members I will try a more "touchy feely" approach.

Mr. Rudy Gonzales (known here as "AKnutt") joined TFL only days ago. I answered his post to trade his HK for AK parts. We agreed to deal and started setting the arrangements.
Mr. Gonzales, being the fair minded and always concerned for others individual he is :barf: suggested that I (a member in good standing with multiple good feedbacks and several successful trades) send my items to him first. Rudy stated he would then send the HK to my FFL. I suggested that my FFL act as the middleman and asked if he had referances.
Mr. Gonzales all of a sudden had a break in and the HK was stolen. . WOW. Good thing I didn't ship my stuff to him. At this point he said he would keep me informed but I have not heard back from him.
I did however hear from another member who had been scammed by old Rudy recently for over $450. It appears that AKnutt (the fine upstanding member he is) makes a habit of taking what we the Honest folks send him but do Not send his items in return.
Info added 25 June 2008 @ 2129
And now another has come forward to indicate they to had sent payment for some ammo weeks ago and have NOT received the items paid for.
That makes 2 TFL members Ripped off by Rudy!

Please go to this link for all the proof you need -
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=297836

So I just want to warn EVERY HONEST TFL member.....

Rudy Gonzales / AKnutt is a SCAMMER!

That is Not name calling another member. That is a FACT!

Last edited by gorgon24; June 25, 2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Add information
Old July 3, 2008, 06:31 PM   #4

A man's word is a precious thing. It's easy to loose.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...16#post2196516
Old July 9, 2008, 07:28 AM   #5
busted1200

Red flags

Gorgon, what should have raised your suspicion is the fact that he wanted you to send your items first, since you've got good feedback. If someones been a member in good standing with multiple good feedbacks, then someone who is new should feel as if that member can be trusted and send their items first. I would never send my trade items first to a new member with no reputation. Good thing you didn't fall for the bait.
Old July 9, 2008, 01:11 PM   #6
gorgon24

busted,
that is exactly what made me suspicious of this character. the bad thing is at least 2 of our upstanding members got scammed by this knuckle head. See http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=297836.
As you can see he is a real piece of work. I hope he doesn't get anyone else. Spread the word ....

AKnutt (Rudy Gonzalez) is a scammer