The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 2, 2001, 08:52 PM   #1
hdm25

A.R.M.S. mount installation

Has anyone else had trouble installing one of these on a flat-top AR? I have a new postban Bushmaster that I am trying to put it on but it is too darn tight to go. I have oiled the mount and the flat-top and I think I could get it to go on by beating on it, but I would think that it would go on without resorting to something like that.
Old October 3, 2001, 12:06 PM   #2
Gromit

I've had similar problems with a quick release model that had a very very tight fit. I had to resort to a table vise (very padded) and slowly mounted it to the reciever squarely. I carefully did this about a dozen times and now it works flawlessly (it is just loose enough to put it on with just a bit of effort). I noticed that the ARMS cross "lug" is much beefier and oversized than many others and this was the area that caused the extremely tight fit on mine.
Old October 4, 2001, 01:55 PM   #3
LIProgun

I'm not sure to which A.R.M.S. mount you are referring. However, I had no problem installing an ARMS SWAN Sleeve on a flat-top Bushy. No pounding required. Suggest you may want to contact ARMS &/or QPC/Bushmaster for advice.