The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 30, 2010, 01:45 PM   #26
wncchester

" Accuracy is fine either way, I just couldn't tell any difference."

Doodle, I suspect your shootin's fine, neck sizing rarely makes any measureable difference and not a lot when it does. It's hardly worth fooling with for a factory hunting rifle.
Old December 31, 2010, 08:58 AM   #27
Qtiphky

With all due respect

wnchester
I posted my results based on my experience with my guns. As with anything, your mileage may vary and results as well. In my guns, neck sizing has reduced my groups from around 1 inch at 100 yards to 1/2 inch at 100 yards (spread). Is that really that big of a difference in hunting applications, probably not. But to me, it seems to make sense and takes away any doubts or excuses when the shot is taken. If I miss, then I know it was me and not the ammo.

Your results and experience are obviously different, which is fine. I believe it makes it difference and will continue to do it.