The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 17, 2009, 11:04 AM   #26
colostomyclown

Well, once I get my max100 extension, my 590a1 will have 8 in the gun, 6 in the tacstar and 4 more in the speedfeed. It's definitely noticeable in the weight, but I'm a bigger guy and well used to pump shotguns. I definitely would not recommend that many rounds in just a dedicated home gun and I wouldn't recommend all that onboard for the beginning shotgun user.. I'm probably going to pick up a 500 Persuader with absolutely nothiing on it for the house. My a1 is kind of a safequeen.
Old August 17, 2009, 11:06 AM   #27
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Quote:
I've never heard of a shotgun that holds a dozen rounds myself, send me a link,
It has only been around for like 5 years so I doubt many have heard of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjo3qP-D150
The Beretta Extrema 12 shot 12 gauge... Now this gun with enough sidesaddle butt cuffs and such oughta handle yer average boogy man!
BTW... the video is fun to watch!
Brent
Old August 17, 2009, 09:52 PM   #28
Evyl Robot

I have a screw-on thingy that makes the magazine hold two extras. Beyond that, I have a binocular bag with a strap that goes over my shoulder. I tried out a couple of ammo carriage systems on the gun, but found that I could draw and load ammo from my bag at hip level than I could pull it off the gun. Plus, the gun doesn't have the extra ammo on it, slowing it down.