The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 24, 2000, 10:47 AM   #1
cjb

A while back I bought a Hastings Wad lock barrel for my 1100 Rem. to shoot sporting clays. It works great!!! Sometimes it seems like I can't miss. A friend wanted one for his 1100. So I told him what it was, and where to get one. He called me a few days later and told me that they don't make them any more. I checked Hastings website and found nothing but rifle sight barrels, and scope mount barrels. Anyone know whats going on????
CJB
Old March 2, 2000, 12:34 AM   #2
Moe

cjb

I am sorry I can't help you. However you may be able to help me. What is the web address for hastings? Thank you.

Moe
Old March 2, 2000, 01:39 AM   #3
Steven Mace

Moe, go to http://www.hastingsbarrels.com for information on Hastings barrels. Remember, the site is still under construction.

CJB, you mave have to call Hastings to find out if they still offer the barrel you're looking for. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical
Old March 2, 2000, 06:23 PM   #4
Moe

Thank you Steve.

Moe
Old March 4, 2000, 07:49 PM   #5
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Cabela's carries Hastings Wadlock barrels. I bought a used 1100 with a Hastings barrel that was fitted for the Hastings chokes. I had a devil of time finding the chokes until I discovered that Cabela's carried them.

Bill
Old March 4, 2000, 09:36 PM   #6
cjb

Bill,
Thanks! I found them in Cabela's yesterday.
My friend ordered one, and I ordered another.
I'm afraid that they may have been discontinued, and that when Cabela's sells what they have, That's it! I really like the "straight rifling" in the wadlock barrels. They seem to pattern very well at close ranges on the sporting clay's course. At longer ranges, they are just as good as any barrel on the market!
CJB