The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 24, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Full-choke

Getting a Savage FP, how should I trick it out?

Okay, I'm getting a baseline Savage 10FP in 308. I have a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 with front AO that I bought a while back on a really good deal...so I'm going to mount that on it. What should I go with in the way of scope mount, rings, stock, bipod, etc. I'd like it to be a solid tactical/varmint gun. I'm prolly going to camo paint it myself or get it camoed by a professional. Let me know what kind of gear to look for!

Thanks,
F-C
Old August 24, 2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Ian2005

Bushnell? Really? I have a 10FLP - I put on a quality Leupold scope and rings. Your optics are what you use to get that 500 yard shot. Put some quality up there, you'll thank yourself for it later. I also have a harris on mine. As for the camo, I was thinking of doing the same -there's some posts here of members who have done outstanding jobs painting their own stocks - just do a search for it.
Old September 4, 2007, 10:39 AM   #3
davo17

Depending on your budget there is alot you can do.
What kind of stock are you planning on using? The OEM one will suffice, but there are better ones out there.
For scopes I recommend the leupold tacaticals, but the cheapest one that will suffice would be the bushnell elite 10x mildot, the SuperSnipers are a great scope for the money, but they are fixed at 10, 16, or 20x.
The harris bi-pod is a good choice.
I like the TPS steel rings and 20 MOA bases, but the seekins ones get good reviews too.
Heres what I did to mine...
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=247728
Old September 12, 2007, 04:42 PM   #4
dwatts47

+1 on the bipod... and quality optics first