The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 3, 2013, 12:14 PM   #1
draidt

Is Henry Repeating Arms shipping yet ?

I know the factory located in Bayonne NJ got damaged heavily during Hurricane Sandy and shut them down, Does anyone know if they are up and running ?
Old February 6, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Levant

I never could understand why they left Brooklyn for New Jersey. It seems that Montana or Wyoming would be a great place for a gun factory. Maybe Oklahoma or Texas. I can't understand why so many gun companies are in Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and even Illinois.
Old February 7, 2013, 05:55 AM   #3
draidt

Maybe just maybe it could be loyalty to their workers, It would be pretty hard to replace the skilled workers required and maintain the quality workmanship Henry is known for. I did not know that fact as I only recently became interested in firearms after many years of being away. Indeed if that is the case then "American Made" takes on a whole new meaning and I will feel even prouder when The Big Boy .357/.38 makes it way to my hands.

Since posting this I visited my LGD and he affirmed that Henry is indeed shipping, but has to fulfill a very large backorder.
Old February 7, 2013, 06:23 AM   #4
EODK9Trainer424

Speaking of Henry. For those who own one, how do you like the gun? I've always been interested in firing one and was curious on how people felt about them.
Old February 7, 2013, 07:35 AM   #5
FlyFish

Quote:
For those who own one, how do you like the gun? I've always been interested in firing one and was curious on how people felt about them.
I bought one of their youth model .22 lever actions so the young nieces and nephews would have something the right size to shoot when they come to visit. It's a beautiful little gun - excellent fit and finish, slick action, and plenty accurate. I like it so much I'll probably get the full-size equivalent as well.
Old February 7, 2013, 07:50 AM   #6
rebs

I own a Henry Golden Boy 22lr and love it, its a beautiful rifle, quality made with quality materials. Fit and finish is perfect and accuracy is superb. You cannot go wrong with a Henry.
Old February 7, 2013, 09:33 AM   #7
gaseousclay

Quote:
I never could understand why they left Brooklyn for New Jersey. It seems that Montana or Wyoming would be a great place for a gun factory. Maybe Oklahoma or Texas. I can't understand why so many gun companies are in Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and even Illinois.
maybe there are incentives for Henry to set up shop in NJ. I personally don't think it makes a difference where a company is located in the US so long as they produce a quality product.
Old February 7, 2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Rifleman1952

I ordered a scope mount, directly from Henry, for my Golden Boy 22lr, a few weeks ago and it arrived on time. They probably are not up and running but they are shipping parts and accessories (probably items already manufactured prior to the storm).

I love my Henry. It is beautiful, accurate and fun to shoot. The lever action is smoother than other lever action rifles I have handled. At the range, people come over to look at and admire it. My wife, who is not into guns at all, thinks it would look great mounted over the fireplace. In times gone by, I might have mounted it there, but my Henry stays in the safe, until needed.

Henry is a great American firearms manufacturer. I hope they can get through these tough times.

Last edited by Rifleman1952; February 7, 2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old February 7, 2013, 11:30 AM   #9
Les Auten

From a Henry employee 12/06/12
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=476382

Henry Repeating On Way To Full Recovery

We are pleased to report that we are well on our way to a full recovery from the significant damage sustained from Hurricane Sandy. More than 100 pieces of manufacturing machinery that were damaged by salt water are on track to be repaired or replaced by December 1st. We expect to be fully operational by the beginning of December and have already begun shipping Henry rifles to our distributors.
Old February 8, 2013, 12:02 AM   #10
tonymazz

I own a GoldenBoy 22LR and a BigBoy 44 mag and love them both....solid, quality and will never give them up....
Old February 9, 2013, 01:42 AM   #11
jolly roger

Have a Henry 22 with octagon barrel. LOVE it.
Old February 9, 2013, 04:58 PM   #12
Levant

draidt,

Welcome back to the fold. At a time when we get so many new posters on gun forums trying to convince us all that an AWB is such a tiny little teensy weeny infringement so we shouldn't even care, it is nice to know that there are probably a lot more folks like you - those who are rediscovering a love for shooting. Maybe Obama's plans will backfire.

I have a couple Henrys they're both great fun to shoot. A .22 lever and a Big Boy 38/357. I'll buy more when things settle down.
Old February 10, 2013, 04:13 PM   #13
happyp

Just seen in national rifleman magazine they shipped 27,000 in Jan. 2013!
Old February 10, 2013, 04:22 PM   #14
draidt

WOW, Encouraging news hopefully I'll get an Email soon from Hyatt Gun Works