The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 11, 2009, 03:59 PM   #1
VasilyTheRed

Tuckable Carry for Four Specific Guns

Ok, I have been lurking around this forum for a while and have picked up some really good information. But now I have a question of my own and I hope you folks can help me out. I wasn’t really sure where to post this; I could see how it might go in the semiauto forum, but since it is more of a holster question I thought I would post it here.

I am looking at getting one of the following guns:
1) CZ 75B Compact
2) Ruger SR-9
3) H&K USP Compact (9mm)
4) Springfield Champion Operator (1911)

My big question is: Does anybody carry any (or all) of these pistols IWB with their shirt tucked in (using something like a SuperTuck, MTAC, or a similar rig). My wardrobe is pretty much set at oxfords / polos tucked into a pair of Dockers, so being able to tuck is a must. I am 5’10”, weigh 220 pounds, and have a 38” waist. However, I wear 40s because I like my clothes to be loose, so wearing baggy clothes to help conceal the firearm won’t be a huge issue.

I have seen several threads where people say they carry 1911s with their shirts tucked in, so I think any of the guns listed is possible. I would just like to hear from folks (if there are any) who carry one of the guns I have listed above.

Thanks for the help!
Old December 14, 2009, 12:16 PM   #2
old bear

Welcome to the forum, I like you am fairly new to this forum. Also like you I prefer kakis with polo shirts or oxford cloth shirts and these should be tucked in. For years I carried my off duty weapon in an inside the waistband holster. Once you get used to them I find them to be very secure and comfortable. I always used either the Safariland or Bianchi (SP?) offerings. They work well and are among the least expensive of the different holsters. I positioned my pistol in the 4 o’clock position with the spring clip attached to my pants I tucked my shirt in, put my belt on (thus covering the spring clip, and finally I bloused, (un-tucked) my shirt right over the grip of my pistol. If anyone notices it looks as if your shirt was coming un-tucked in one small spot. This has worked well with a Browning H.P., Colt Commander, and assorted S&W mid sized revolvers.

It is also a good idea to wear an undershirt or lightweight T-shirt to protect your skin as well as your pistols finish.

Safe Shooting All