The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 10, 2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Chris_B

Law question- list of 'shall issue' communities?

Specifically in MA? My online search skills are usually really good; I'm drawing a blank on this so far. Does anyone know of a current list of 'shall issue' communities in MA?
Old October 10, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

Don't know if this will help or not....... but start at www.handgunlaw.us and see where that leads.
Old October 13, 2009, 08:23 PM   #3
StiveC2007

Northeastshooters has a list of all the communites in MA that will issue permits, not issue permits and are issusing with restrictions only
Old October 14, 2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Nick-Mc

I really wouldn't classify anywhere in MA as "shall issue," the CCW requirements are extremely strict. I'm in NH and took the course to get my MA license but I haven't bothered with all the B.S.
but out of state requirements may be different
Old October 16, 2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Chris_B

Quote:
Northeastshooters has a list of all the communites in MA that will issue permits, not issue permits and are issusing with restrictions only
Thank you
Old October 16, 2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Chipperman

Here is the link to the list:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbullet...ead.php?t=8703
Old October 17, 2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Chris_B

Hmm. The Community I'm interested in isn't on the list.

Boston also is not, very oddly!

I'm not even sure if I'm moving now even if everything goes right. Something happened yesterday which makes me seriously reconsider based on a personal issue. Not to get too much into it, but I live in the apartment that was my friend's a few years ago. I am sitting 20 feet from where I consoled that person after learning that another friend had been kidnapped raped and murdered; that's still in my mind at least once a day. So there's some negative memories here. I really want to move so this second thoughts thing is not good news for me

On the positive front I was just told that a person with whom I am friendly is actually a retired police LT in the town I want to move to, and he can breeze me past any problems, especially since I already jumped through the hoops in Boston. The downside to that is that I dislike needing any help in the first place to get me special consideration. I'd be a fool not to use that angle but it doesn't sit well with me.