The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 25, 2013, 04:12 PM   #176
steveNChunter

A video that goes along with the update:

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp
Old October 26, 2013, 02:54 AM   #177
IdahoG36

Last edited by IdahoG36; October 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old October 26, 2013, 07:10 AM   #178
whip1

^ That's a good way to get this locked. I'm curious, how did you get f**cked as you like to put it?
Old October 26, 2013, 11:02 AM   #179
Consort

For any of you have have had your XD(s) returned after the recall, has Springfield Armory included anything for your inconvenience (i.e. an extra magazine, cap, key chain?)
Old October 26, 2013, 12:38 PM   #180
IdahoG36

whip1, it's called a joke. I'll take it down so you are no longer offended.
Old October 26, 2013, 01:08 PM   #181
thedudeabides

It's back. It works.

The wife really likes the slender little thing and will probably keep it, won't argue with her.

...I don't have a beef with SA, as I have several of their 1911s, but this entire recall thing irritated me.
Old October 26, 2013, 02:09 PM   #182
steveNChunter

To anyone who has their's back, how's the trigger?
Old October 29, 2013, 07:13 PM   #183
Axelwik

Just got an email saying its on the way. I'm curious about the trigger too.
Old October 30, 2013, 04:52 PM   #184
Aristides

XDs Recall

I just got mine back, haven't been to the range yet, but have dry fired several times. If there hadn't been so much talk about the trigger, I probably would not have noticed any difference.

Last edited by Aristides; October 30, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old October 30, 2013, 05:08 PM   #185
steveNChunter

Quote:
If there hadn't been so much talk about the trigger, I probably would not have notices any difference.
that's good to hear
Old October 31, 2013, 07:59 AM   #186
SIMP

I have since sold my XDs9. I really like the gun as far as quality goes but it felt so heavy compared to my Shield. I may end up missing it but the Shield fills that same roll. I will give Springfield props on their customer service. They called me a few times about it shipping and the status. Great job SA!
Old October 31, 2013, 01:40 PM   #187
Axelwik

The trigger feels about the same. See how it shoots this afternoon.
Old November 1, 2013, 07:46 AM   #188
IdahoG36

My recall status changed to fixed yesterday. Just waiting on shipping info now. It should be back to me early next week.

I've got 200 rounds of .45 waiting for the first range trip when it returns.
Old November 1, 2013, 09:40 AM   #189
Nakanokalronin

Got my XDS45 back a few days ago, noticeably heavy around 7 1/2-8lbs easy, sold it yesterday. I don't know how much variance is in the returned XDS triggers, but many seem not to care and are just happy to have it back in any condition. I don't live in NY and don't need a trigger like it either on a defense gun.

I shot it over 2,000 times before sending it in and I knew it was a lot heavier the first time I pulled the trigger. I wasn't about to spend money to bring it back to what it used to be whenever aftermarket companies start producing lighter springs so I'll just stick with my G26 that's no harder to conceal and 3.5 disconnector for that perfect 4.5# pull.
Old November 1, 2013, 05:27 PM   #190
doofus47

Consort,
I got a 10 rnd magazine and the return came in a small hard-plastic carrying case.
fwiw.
Trigger pull feels the same. Might get to the range this weekend.
Old November 1, 2013, 07:37 PM   #191
oldsoonershooter

Merry Christmas

Based on the status update today since I was a little slow in shipping my XDS 45 back, shipped on 9/9, delivered on 9/11, I can look for my pistol to be returned by Christmas vs. Thanksgiving had it arrived a day earlier. 3 1/2 months to fix a problem that I didn't know I had, and few if any of the 200,000+ owners didn't know they had either. I'm pretty upset considering the initial estimate for turn around was 30 days. While the offer of an extended mag was a nice gesture, I would have preferred that they spent that money of additional repair personnel. But then I hear from other members who didn't even get that. Might be a while before Springfield gets any more of my cash.
Old November 2, 2013, 01:49 AM   #192
balyon85

Re: XDs Recall

I'm kinda upset with the by Christmas for my pistol.
Old November 2, 2013, 07:17 AM   #193
steveNChunter

These mixed reviews on the trigger make me wary about sending mine in at all.

I don't want to intentionally send my pistol in to get a heavier trigger, but at the same time I don't want to be carrying around a liability issue.

I like the pistol and there's really no other .45 like it on the market, so I don't want to sell it either.

At this point I don't know what I'll do with it.

I've even considered sliding my pachmayr grip up high enough that it will keep the grip safety pushed in and basically have the same setup as a Glock.

I thought about it, haven't done it.

Edit: I'm not recommending anyone else trying it.

Last edited by steveNChunter; November 2, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old November 2, 2013, 09:42 AM   #194
Axelwik

Still a fine gun. The trigger may be slightly heavier, but I couldn't tell the difference. I could tell that it was a little smoother. Went bang every time I pulled it.
Old November 2, 2013, 10:16 AM   #195
tomrkba

Quote:
These mixed reviews on the trigger make me wary about sending mine in at all.

I don't want to intentionally send my pistol in to get a heavier trigger, but at the same time I don't want to be carrying around a liability issue.
So your desire for a good trigger overrides the possibility that the gun could discharge and possibly injure or kill someone?

That's some clear thinking!
Old November 2, 2013, 01:16 PM   #196
steveNChunter

Quote:
So your desire for a good trigger overrides the possibility that the gun could discharge and possibly injure or kill someone?
Did I say that? No

I'm so tired of explaining myself on this thread.

I was simply expressing frustration with SA offering to fix one problem while creating another. I want a safe gun, and I don't want a heavy trigger.

I now have a pistol that must either be theoretically dangerous or have a crappy trigger.

I either have to live with that fact or sell it at a loss. Then buy a bigger .45 that won't be as easy to conceal or scrap the .45 as a CCW idea all together.
Old November 2, 2013, 04:21 PM   #197
kcub

Do what I did. Take your lumps, dump the xds, get a Walther PPS .40. I'm happy with that decision given that springfield screwed me over with an unreliable gun and wouldn't/couldn't fix it.
Old November 2, 2013, 04:41 PM   #198
IdahoG36

I am excited to get my XDs .45 back next week, and I still do think that it is the perfect CCW pistol. I have owned a lot of small carry pistols over the years, trying to find one that fit my needs perfectly, and when the XDs .45 came out, I couldn't wait to handle one.

Once I did, that was it. I bought it, took it out to the range, and have been extremely happy with it. I bought a few holsters and installed night sights on mine. Once it gets back from Springfield, I will go put 200 more rounds of fmj through it, and 20 more rounds of my carry ammo through it.

While the whole recall process has sucked, it still doesn't change the fact that the XDs is a fantastic gun. As long as the reliability is there, and the trigger pull isn't radically different than before the recall, I have no intentions of selling or getting rid of my XDs .45. I love it for concealed carry.
Old November 3, 2013, 08:07 AM   #199
whip1

Quote:
I'm happy with that decision given that springfield screwed me over with an unreliable gun and wouldn't/couldn't fix it.
Are you talking about Springfield or Caracal? How did you get screwed over? The only reason they wouldn't fix it, is if you didn't send it to them.

To all of the members that are talking about selling their XDs, send me a PM. I know a few buyers.
Old November 3, 2013, 01:09 PM   #200
mitranoc

Most likely I will be selling mine as well. I sent SA my XDS the first week in September... and supposedly I'm geting it back by Thanksgiving?? I understand that they are overwhelmed, but better customer service early on could have gone a long way. I am regretting not buying the Glock 30S instead.

George Washington