The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 2, 2007, 12:50 PM   #1
woodland

Bushnell Holosight vs. EO Tech...

Ok, I know that the EO Tech is the top of the evolutionary tree for red dot sights. I agree with that. But, the Bushnell is almost identical, and looks the same when looking through it. However, the Bushnell is a fair bit cheaper. I am looking for a sight to put on my patrol carbine for work, and I am working with a bit of a budget.

SO! If I went with the Bushnell, would I have any regrets? Realistically, (and hopefully!) it will be used mostly for training. I am not on the TAC team or anything, and if used for real it would be a baricade situation or for an active shooter. The ones I have looked at seem to be of pretty high quality.

Any experiences with them would be greatly appreciated, both good and bad please! Thanks
Old December 2, 2007, 01:10 PM   #2
sholling

I can't answer your question but I can give you another question to ask. Do either produce any glow that can be seen from the front and act as an aiming point for a bad guy. I bring this up because it's something I've seen on a couple of red dot sights.
Old December 2, 2007, 01:46 PM   #3
VUPDblue

The EOTech and the Holosight are made by the same machines. The difference being, that there is not a Holosight that is night-vision compatible and that the Holosight does not have the armored housing that the EOTech does. I had one of each, and there was no practical difference. I traded them both for Aimpoints, as I really didn't like the "donut of death" reticle. All that said, you should be happy with the Bushnell for your intended purpose as long as you don't abuse it.
Old December 2, 2007, 02:22 PM   #4
TDSUS

If budget is the prime motivation, then yeah the Bushnell is the way to go.
The EoTech is more designed for rougher treatment but as stated earlier, they are made on the same machines - same circuits.

Without making a shameless sales pitch, let me know what your looking for and we'll see if we can make a LEO deal.
Old December 2, 2007, 08:09 PM   #5
ShipWreck

The N Battery EOtech has a longer battery life than the 40 rated hours of the Bushnell.

Yes, it is essentially the same w/o the metal cage, though.

But, I will tell U - I accidentally hit my eotech against something once. If it were not for the metal cage - I would have broke the sight. It was worth it for me right there!