The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 29, 2005, 09:44 PM   #51
Ron R.

The Shotgun Stream product sounds interesting. Where can you get it. It doesn't look like ETGI sells it on their website or maybe you just need to call them.
Old November 6, 2005, 11:46 AM   #52
Jamesmark72

Im ordering some more this week so i should have it by next Monday or so.
Old November 8, 2005, 11:05 AM   #53
too many choices!?

I have 2 levels of,"less than lethal responses"...

1. I pull my .40,or greater firearm, and the B/G runs away screaming like a little girl. This is of course dependant on the B/G choosing self preservation as a way of life
2. I pull my back up 15round(or ten rounds for the Taurus) extra mag, and either A) Tell B/G to ,"stop!! I am armed!!", while showing the extra mag...Not deadly force and not breaking concealed carry laws, because a magazine is not a firearm; or B) If that does not hault the attack, I throw said extra magazine at the B/G, and hope it nocks him out, and if it doesn't, hope he don't have the compatible firearm

PS-If number 2 fails, see number 1 .
Old November 8, 2005, 11:37 AM   #54
roy reali

Dog Defense

There is a spray that is not pepper based, it is called DirectStop. It is a citronella spray. It is totally useless against human targets but very effective against dogs. They can not stand the smell.

Shortly after I bought some I was talking my dog for a walk to our local park. There are always stray dogs around here. But this is a very urban setting, firearms are not the way to go.

Any way, about half way to the park two dogs approached us. One was a small terrier one was a large German Shepard. They were both looking to attack my dog. I pulled out the spray and said a prayer. I was hoping it worked. I aimed it at the the shepard and fired a burst. That dog turned around a took off as though it was scalded by boiling water. The little dog realized his big buddy wasn't around and followed him away.

This is a good defense against dogs.
Old November 8, 2005, 11:44 AM   #55
Mikeyboy

Less than lethal...A good kick in the sack is always a winner. I don't like pepperspray because it can get all over the place including yourself, in a fight (personal experience). Would you use a handgun if the bullet could blow back at you in a strong wind. I think it only works well in law enforcement. What about a stun gun or a taser.