The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 17, 2002, 06:29 PM   #1
Stay Low

Choke Tube Help!!!!!

I have a Beretta 390 with extended choke tubes. Also have a Beretta Silver Pigeon II with standard screw in choke tubes. Can I use the extended chokes originally for the 390 in the Silver Pigeon safely? The two differing chokes appear to have the same threads and the same length...of course except for the extension on the extended chokes. Any thoughts?
Old November 17, 2002, 10:33 PM   #2
2shots

Go ahead and use the tubes. Other than the Optima tubes, they are interchangable. Just make sure that the extended tubes don't back out under recoil, like they do in my 391.
Old November 17, 2002, 10:42 PM   #3
Stay Low

Thanks for the info. I like the compensated extended chokes and the ability to change them without tools on the field. I'll give it a go.
Old November 18, 2002, 06:11 PM   #4
PJR

The answer is probably but not definitely. I have a set of Briley extended chokes for my Beretta o/u that fit perfectly. The same chokes backed out of a Beretta 390 and would not fit into a 687 owned by a friend who'd forgotten his chokes on a sporting clays shoot.

The moral of the story is to try after market chokes in the gun you plan to use them in before buying them.

Paul