The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 22, 2002, 01:51 PM   #1
W296

Franchi Alcione SL-12

I Would like to find a better recoil pad for the SL-12. After shootig a couple of rounds of Sporting Clays it would be nice to have something a little kinder to my shoulder. I ordered a Pachmayer decelerator and it would not work due to the screw holes in the pad. The bottom hole in the pad came right in the edge of the hole for mounting the stock to the action. Then I ordered a pad from Kickeez that I thought would work, same problem. After speaking to Kickeez I returned the pad with the Pad that came with the gun to see if they could match something up. They didn't have anything that would work. Great people to deal with, after returning the pad and then them sending my pad back they wouldn't even let me pay shipping. Great customer service, thought they would at least let me pay the return shipping on my own pad. I would appreciate any ideas on how to correct the problem, or where to ge a recoil pad that would fit.

Thanks,

Ron
Old November 22, 2002, 02:18 PM   #2
bamf

You can try a shooting vest or shirt with a recoil pad sewn in.

Check out

http://www.gamaliel.com/clothing/bob.../index.htm#top
Old November 22, 2002, 09:03 PM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

PAST make a wearable pad that really helps when benching slugs, possibly the most felt recoil producing activity we have. Mine works better for that than for wingshooting and clays, but YMMV.

Your present pad may be upgraded(assuming stock length is OK or on the short side) by using one of the KickEez neoprene pads used to raise the comb a bit. I think they sell a flat sheet,like 9X11", for about $10.It's adhesive on one side, and easily removed. A layer or two of that will help.

So will going to 1 oz loads, and slowing them down if you reload.My guess is by your handle you do. The 1 oz, 1150 FPS load I use is a creampuff that smokes them at trap back to the 20 yard line or so. For the closer SC targets, a 7/8 oz of 9s will do OK also.

HTH....