The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 14, 2011, 09:37 PM   #1
crkfiend

Help! PTR91 Bolt Carrier Assembly problem

Hey guys, I'm new to the HK Clone scene, I've got a PTR-91 F I purchased not too long ago. After cleaning the weapon after a good time at the range, I noticed that the carrier assembly wouldn't ride all the way forward after dropping the cocking handle. would anyone be able to assist me on getting the carrier to push the rest of the way forward! I'm sure it's just my inexperience to the HK world that's the problem.

What I also noticed is that there seems to be a small gap by the cocking handle, if i push it forward manually, I am able to push on the outside of the bolt assembly to get it to where it is supposed to be. I thought the problem may have been more gun oil, but I was wrong

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated, as it's driving me nuts. Thanks for looking!
Old January 14, 2011, 10:25 PM   #2
NYPD13

My Cetme does the same thing sometimes. I think it's normal and doesn't affect its functioning.
Old January 15, 2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Carne Frio

You might want to get your question answered by these people:

http://www.ptr91.com/contact.html
Old January 15, 2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Skans

Sorry I don't have any answer or imput on this one, but since I am considering buying a PTR-91, I'm interested in the answer to this as well.
Old January 15, 2011, 12:41 PM   #5
viciouskitty

You may want to check if there is a stuck case in the chamber the PTR G3 type guns are notorious for ripping up casings because of the violent nature of the action. If you are using 308 ammo instead of 7.62 nato this probably happened since nato brass is thicker it has less tendency to rip the brass. If there is a piece of brass stuck in the chamber you will need to get a broken shell extractor for the right caliber. shine a light into the chamber and look and see what you see.....
Old January 15, 2011, 12:56 PM   #6
IXLR8

Mine looks like that, and has since new. As long as it cycles your ok. Make sure you allow the action to slam when releasing it. Like most weapons of this type it needs the full energy of the return spring to properly seat the bolt. The delayed roller bolt is one of the most reliable designs in history.
Old January 15, 2011, 02:13 PM   #7
hodaka

Mine did the same thing. Normal.
Old January 15, 2011, 03:32 PM   #8
crkfiend

Thanks for all the quick responses guys! While I do believe this could be normal, because I don't believe it will affect shooting the rifle in anyway, I did contact [email protected] in hopes for some more insight into this. After I hear back, I will definitely post the response on here! If you know how to resolve this issue (If there is one), feel free to post away!

Thanks again everybody.

Tags
cetme , clone , hk91 , ptr91