The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 4, 2002, 08:04 PM   #1
MessedUpMike

Dillion Holster question

Has anyone here used the holster Dillion is selling? Is it their own holster or an OEM sold under dillions name? Is it any good?

Mike

The second amendment protects all of the others.
Old August 4, 2002, 08:15 PM   #2
Walosi

I've used two of their "Master" pancakes (for a Smith 4516 and a SIG 220), as well as their single and double mag pouches. They are made by an outside contractor (never knew the name) but Dillons' guarantee is simple (don't like it - we will replace or refund as you wish). The quality is very good, and they could easily sell for more. The molded fit is very well done, and the stitching is precise and strong. The spring retainer in the mag pouches takes a little breaking in, and will mark blue mags, but once settled in are very secure without binding. All in all, lots of bang for the buck with this line.
If they offered more for revolvers, or even more barrel lengths in the revolver rigs no in the line, I'd have quite a few more in my holster drawer
Old August 4, 2002, 08:16 PM   #3
nemesis

Dillon is a good name and offers good customer service. I've seen them offering holsters for a lot of years but I seriously doubt that Dillon has anything to do with the manufacture of them.
Old August 4, 2002, 09:44 PM   #4
tommygun45

I have a dillon master and an LTD. Both are very good holsters and well made. If you like leather and getting a good holster for a good price I recomend Dillon. I'm sure I would still be using mine if I had not discovered the KY-TAC Bravehart. Now I only pull the LTD out for fancy occations.
Old August 5, 2002, 12:55 PM   #5
Erich

I'm one of the one in seven people who are left-handed. Dillon doesn't want my holster business.