The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 4, 2002, 03:00 AM   #1
HKguy9

Blackhawk talonflex pouches

Hi,

Do these fit singlestack 1911 mags or only the chunky doublestack highcaps? ANyone got 'em?
Old January 4, 2002, 02:23 PM   #2
Lightfighter

Your Single stacks should work just fine in these. the Blackhawk pouches are universal and fit all ranges of mags because the kydex fingers inside are shaped like a 'leaf' sping.
Old January 5, 2002, 11:32 AM   #3
Jake 98c/11b

Lightfighter, got some Tactical Tailor pouches from you recently. Good stuff and good service, thanks. Some of the Blackhawk stuff I have seen lately shows a decline in quality, is that your experience? I don't want to dump on some of the stuff you carry but you also carry Eagle and they are strong competitors so I figure you wouldn't mind. Have I seen just a few bad pieces or is the stiching just a little sloppy looking. May hold up fine but I passed on it because it just didn't look right. I figured that if they lost their attention to detail they may have slipped on quality as well.
Old January 6, 2002, 10:08 AM   #4
Lightfighter

I definately think that the Eagle FB pouches are the nicest in the industry. The Blackhawk Talonflex have a curved Kydex insert that fits any kind of mag (like the system that London Bridge and Tactical Tailor use); but the Eagle pouches are made specifically for each kind of magazine. I use the Eagle mag pouches myself for my HK USP .40 cal. and they they work wonderfully.
Old January 7, 2002, 01:16 PM   #5
jthuang

Not to contradict Lightfighter (who is a stand-up guy) but my Talonflex BH pistol mag pouches are very loose on my double-stack SIG P226 high-caps. They fit my Glock 19/23 high-caps very well. My pouches are a bit old (over 2 years old) so maybe things have changed recently.

Justin
Old January 8, 2002, 03:51 AM   #6
Jake 98c/11b

Erick, do you hate to agree with me or are you saying you hate to think that Blackhawk's quality has gone downhill. I am trying to decide if I should be offended.
Old January 8, 2002, 12:38 PM   #7
Lightfighter

That is good to know about the BHI (knowedlge makes the world go around). Did you have the Glock mags in the pouch before you switched to the SIG? I am curoious if these can be stretched after time to make them less efective with other mags? That would certainly bea good thing for me to know before I sell any more to people who might want to share weapons with these pouches.

There is a tactical School in Texas called Pro-Tac that insists that their students all buy the Talon Flex Triple Mag pouches. They come with all sorts of different sized mags and they all seem to end up happy.
Old January 9, 2002, 09:33 AM   #8
jthuang

Lightfighter, that might be the ticket. I've had my Glock mags in the pouches (ready to go, hehehe) for a while and I have only had my SIG for a year or so.

Justin