The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 1, 2002, 12:19 AM   #1
oneminute

Pocket Holsters for J frame

What is your favorite pocket holster for your J frame?
I have one made by Little Feather Leather that is real nice except it is a little big for a pants pocket. The pocket holster by Uncle Mikes fits in my pants better but I don't like how slick the interior is.
I heard about someone making a J frame pocket holster out of Kydex. Anyone have information on this?
Old January 1, 2002, 12:22 AM   #2
Mike Baugh

I have a Kramer that I like very much. The Uncle Mikes I have has a rubber strip around it to keep it in the pocket, it actually works quite well. Good luck, Mike...
Old January 2, 2002, 05:57 PM   #3
jthuang

Second the vote for Kramer. Buy it from Dillon Precision (http://www.dillonprecision.com), it's cheaper than direct from Kramer.

I have five Kramer holsters -- four of them are their pocket holsters....

Not affiliated with Kramer or Dillon.

Justin
Old January 2, 2002, 06:43 PM   #4
Rosco Benson

Mike Benedict www.talontactical.com makes a nifty kydex pocket holster for the J-frames.

In leather, Lou Alessi www.rfholsters.com, Tony Kanaley www.miltsparks.com, and Ron Graham www.grahamscustomgunleather.bigstep.com all make neat and functional pocket holsters.

Rosco
Old January 3, 2002, 11:15 AM   #5
Greg G

Kramer Horsehide
Old January 5, 2002, 03:03 PM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

I've got my 042 in my pocket right now in an Uncle Mike's.

Cheap, and works well.

Eventually the rubber strip wears and and doesn't keep the gun in the pocket as well, but it can be worked around.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 5, 2002, 08:53 PM   #7
don't shoot it's me

Cut a square form an old leather coat....shoemake stitched it square, then stiched the outline of the gun....5 bucks in labor...great holster.....
Old January 5, 2002, 11:01 PM   #8
straightShot

I looked at the Alessi pocket holster, the "Ruffout Pocket Holster" at DON'T DRAW A PISTOL THIS WAY! , and I, myself, wouldn't duplicate what's shown in the picture. I don't think that I'd be pulling a gun out of my pocket with my finger on the trigger.

Ouch. That could really hurt...
Old January 6, 2002, 09:50 PM   #9
another okie

I use a Kramer all the time. You do need deep pockets (to hold the gun, not to pay for the holster.) I've got the holster right here, but I can't find a model number. It's the kind with leather holding the gun and a kydex square facing out to break up the outline. I've carried with it in my pocket in Land End khakis many times - if you wear pleated front pants it is basically invisible until you sit down, and then only if the fabric pulls tight across your leg. Tall or long size pants help conceal it.
Old January 7, 2002, 03:07 PM   #10
Sierra

Another vote for the Kramer. Its the best I have found for my 442. I am usually wearing Dockers and it works just fine, I mean you cannot tell it's there. Haven't found anything good for my Glock 26. With the 26 everyone seems to think the Galco pocket holster is the way to go but its just to big for me. Until I can figure out how to carry the 26 in my pocket I will be sticking with the Kramer and the J-frame.
Old January 10, 2002, 08:16 AM   #11
RF

Holster Draw

As you can see the gun has almost cleared the holster , the only
way to show it can be gripped after it's out of the pocket was to show it at the almost to fire point , But in the pocket the finger can not be put in a unsafe way on the gun it's hard to show this in side the pocket . I hope this clear's this up. We had the pic done out side guard first , but got alot of do you have to ajust your hand after draw. Ray