The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 7, 2004, 09:40 PM   #1
USMCsilver

Stoeger 2000 Opinions?

Anyone got one? I've heard good stuff from friends, but wanted to get some more opinions. Is it true it is basically a Benelli w/ a different nametag? Also, does anyone have the camo version? I'm interested in getting one.
Old September 10, 2004, 07:24 PM   #2
Leafy

I bought one of the first M2000s I saw back a couple years ago. I used it as my main waterfowl gun for 2 years with no problems at all. It is very similar to the Benelli in design but the parts are not interchangeable. One major difference is the spring which cycles the action is located in the forearm not the stock as in the Benelli. This might be an advantage since recoil springs in the stock are more likely to get wet when dipped in the water and much harder to access to clean. The trigger group housing is made of plastic which always made me a bit nervous. I ended up selling it and ponying up the dough for a Super Black Eagle. I my Benelli worth 2 or 3 times the price? I'll get back to you in a year or two .