The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 27, 2011, 08:37 PM   #1
pops6116

Charles Daly 12 gauge, pistol grip

I have a Charles daly 12 gauge pump action model # CDFG 3010. I am trying to find a rear pistol grip that is compatible? any suggestions? the manufacturer is/ was, KBI out of Pa.

Last edited by pops6116; September 28, 2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added information
Old September 27, 2011, 11:24 PM   #2
Lee Lapin

Charles Daly was a reseller of imported guns, not a manufacturer. And they're out of business now. If there was ever a chance of finding what you're looking for, I'd guess that it's a lot slimmer now. If you can find out what company actually made your gun, that might give you a lead for what you want. I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

When us oldpharts tell folks over'n'over'n'over again to buy a commonly available currently manufactured American pumpgun (like a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590), wide availability of parts and accessories is one of the major reasons for offering that advice...

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.
Old September 28, 2011, 10:23 AM   #3
pops6116

shoulda woulda and coulda

I should have gone with my first instinct and gotten a mossberg 500 series but, the gun was gift, SO.....
Old September 28, 2011, 10:45 AM   #4
FlyFish

KBI was not a manufacturer, they only purchased the Charles Daly brand and imported guns to be sold under that name. Most recently, Daly pump guns were made by Akkar of Turkey and replacement stocks (assuming that's what you're looking for) for Akkar shotguns are available at Numrich.

link
Old September 28, 2011, 10:56 AM   #5
pops6116

an oldphart, but a newbee

thanks for the info.. I'll check it out
Old February 19, 2013, 01:41 PM   #6
RDW24

Charles daly pistol grip

Hello charles daly fans, any grip that fits a mossberg 500 will fit a c.d. Pump or semi-auto. There are two issues you will encounter. First - the stock fastening bolt for the mossberg is probably a 5/16x 18 thread and the stock fastening bolt for the c.d. Is 10mmx1.5 thread. The second issue - the neck on the c.d. Is a little larger than the neck of the mossberg therefore you will encounter a small ledge where the grip/stock meets the receiver. There are several products out there (grips/stocks) that many people are happy with. If you need parts for c.d. Go to numrich.com and look up the parts -- then call akkar at 305-593-9782 after 2 pm and ask for mark. C.d. Pistol grip part #1197190a (a pistol grip stock is also avail. But i do not have the part #)